News about Samsung and Android

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear Echoeneans!
    We would like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!! Please share your love and caring with all those less fortunate than us. PEACE and LOVE!
    Echoe Non-Stop Original Development
    • Re: News about Samsung and Android

[glow=green]Specifications Galaxy note 4[/glow]

from gsmarena.com
      Specs note 4
      Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Available as:
      Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910S for USA
      Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C for Europe
      General 2G Network
      GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
      3G Network
      HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
      4G Network
      LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600
      SIM
      Micro-SIM
      Announced
      Exp. announcement 2014, Q2
      Status
      Rumored. Exp. release 2014, Q3

Body Dimensions
      -
      Weight
      -
      - S Pen stylus
      Display Type
      Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
      Size
      1440 x 2560 pixels, 5.7 inches (~515 ppi pixel density)
      Multitouch
      Yes
      Protection
      Corning Gorilla Glass 3
      Sound Alert types
      Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
      Loudspeaker
      Yes
      3.5mm jack
      Yes
      Memory Card slot
      microSD, up to 128 GB
      Internal
      16/32/64 GB, 4 GB RAM
      Data GPRS
      Yes
      EDGE
      Yes
      Speed
      HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSUPA; LTE, Cat4, 50 Mbps UL, 150 Mbps DL
      WLAN
      Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
      Bluetooth
      v4.0, A2DP, EDR, LE
      NFC
      Yes
      Infrared port
      Yes
      USB
      microUSB v3.0 (MHL 2), USB Host
      Camera Primary
      16 MP, 3456 x 4608 pixels, optical image stabilization, autofocus, dual-LED flash
      Features
      Dual Shot, Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, panorama, HDR
      Video
      2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, optical stabilization
      Secondary
      2 MP, 1080p@30fps
      Features OS
      Android OS, v4.4.3 (KitKat)
      Chipset
      Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 (SM-N910S)
      Exynos 5433 (SM-N910C)
      CPU
      Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 450 (SM-N910S)
      Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core Cortex-A57 (SM-N910C)
      GPU
      Adreno 420 (SM-N910S)
      Mali-T760 (SM-N910C)
      Sensors
      Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, temperature, humidity, gesture, UV
      Messaging
      SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS
      Browser
      HTML5
      Radio
      TBD
      GPS
      Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
      Java
      Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
      Colors
      Various
      - ANT+ support
      - S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
      - Air gestures
      - SNS integration
      - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
      - TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
      - MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
      - MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
      - Organizer
      - Photo/video editor
      - Document viewer(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
      - Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
      YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa
      - Voice memo/dial/commands
      - Predictive text input (Swype)
      Battery
      Stand-by

Talk time

Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Read more
      live as if you were to die tomorrow,
      learn as if you were to live forever

Ghandi

[glow=red]Apple and Samsung agree to drop all their patent lawsuits outside of the US[/glow]

www.engadget.com

lawsuit

So much for fighting to the bitter end -- Apple and Samsung have just announced an agreement that will see them end all patent lawsuits against each other outside of the US. For those not keeping score, that means they're dropping cases in Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, South Korea and (phew!) the UK. The two tech companies aren't automatically buddy-buddy after this, however. Besides continuing their existing American cases, they aren't pursuing any licensing deals or other pacts that would avoid trouble in the future. Still, if you've been hoping that Apple and Samsung would finally make nice and focus on beating each other in the marketplace instead of the courtroom, you're much closer to getting your wish.

For Governor and Sheduler infos. Take a look at
      this site

Display Spoiler

My Phones: Nokia 909, Motorola V3, ... Siemens S35, Siemens S45 . . . ( :hmm: can not remember) ... SEK750, SEK800, SEC905, Galaxy S1, S2, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4 and now my

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F
      EchoeRom N v? with S7E AEL N Kernel v?

and

Note 4 SM-910F
      EchoeRom v? with N4 AEL Kernel v?

[glow=green]Unpacked Episode 2, Galaxy Note 4 unveiling officially happening Sept. 3rd[/glow]

www.sammobile.com

Unpacked 2014 2

Following a string of exclusive reports confirming the September 3rd launch date that we simply could not publish without upsetting our sources, we are finally able to bring you the official invite for Samsung’s second Unpacked event of the year. In accordance with one of our published reports last week, the September date mirrors the date for the Galaxy Note 3 launch last year, immediately preceding IFA in Berlin. This also bodes well for the accuracy of rumors that suggest the actual release of the phone in-stores will follow the launch date closer than it did in previous years.

Examining the actual invite, we see that there is actually a substantial detail being teased for us. When in years past, the invite had no discernible graphic and perhaps only carried the word “note” to give a hint of the announcement, this invite features the Air command wheel introduced on last years Galaxy Note 3; albeit a slightly altered one as you may have noticed. The Air command wheel found on the invite has omitted the S Finder function and the Pen Window function, but has retained the Action Memo, Scrap Booker, and Screen Write features. However it also features what appears to be a “manual selection” tool, something that currently exists with the Galaxy Note 3 S Pen, but is performed by holding the S Pen button while tracing the desired content.

This is all educated guessing, but guessing nonetheless. Other current speculation about what the Galaxy Note 4 phablet will bring to the table includes a 5.7-inch QHD (2560×1440) display, an Exynos 5433/Snapdragon 805 processor, 3GB of RAM, a 16-megapixel with a Sony IMX240 sensor and optical image stabilization, an ultraviolet sensor, and at least Android 4.4.3 KitKat. Rumors of a curved/flexible display variant also persist, but may be limited to few markets, if any.

The event will be livestreamed on Samsungs Youtube channel and will begin at 9 AM EST

this site

Display Spoiler

My Phones: Nokia 909, Motorola V3, ... Siemens S35, Siemens S45 . . . ( :hmm: can not remember) ... SEK750, SEK800, SEC905, Galaxy S1, S2, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4 and now my

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

"cebs" wrote:

Get ready Echoe for my next note [emoji3]

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

Can´t wait, like a little girl before Christmas! +:tanzt=+: +:blinzel=+:

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

[glow=blue]Samsung said to launch autonomous Gear Solo at IFA[/glow]

www.androidauthority.com

gear solo

Samsung may be looking to announce more than the Galaxy Note 4 at IFA 2014. “Industry sources” claim the Korean giant is ready to announce a new smartwatch. This wearable device would be unlike most current devices of its kind. Named the Samsung Gear Solo, it is meant to stay true to its name, holding no need to tether to a smartphone.

Named the Samsung Gear Solo, it is meant to stay true to its name, holding no need to tether to a smartphone

Previously rumored with the same moniker, the Gear Solo is said to sport its very own USIM (universal subscriber identity module) card slot, allowing it to connect to cellular networks. This is where the main downfall lies, as the device is said to only support 3G and not 4G LTE. Regardless, the device’s connectivitiy will set it aside from all other Gear smartwatches, making us suspect the price will also be driven higher.

No other details are given by these “industry sources”, but we believe this will not be an Android Wear device. Mainly because Android Wear is not designed to be a standalone product. We can assume this smartwatch is all about Tizen, Samsung’s very own operating system.

Gear2Neo-62

I can see it becoming a very good tool for those with active lifestyles. Carrying your smarpthone around for running sessions would no longer be a necessity, for example. Those hiking trips would suddenly become lighter, in a setting where you want to carry as little as possible.

These are details we will probably learn more about next month, though. The Samsung Unpacked Chapter 2 event is scheduled for September 3rd. While these anonymous sources claim the device will be displayed on the 4th, we believe that is some kind of confusion.

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

[glow=red]Analysts: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is not the answer to Samsung's problems[/glow]

www.phonearena.com

note4 is not the solution
      With Samsung's mobile business now showing a year-over-year decline, many Samsung analysts have been keeping an eye on the rumored specs for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The brokerage firms' pencil pushers were hoping that the next iteration of Sammy's phablet could save the day. The device is expected to be unveiled on September 3rd, at the IFA show in Berlin.

There is no question that the Galaxy Note 4 will have some scrumptious specs on board. We're talking about a 5.7 inch screen with a 1440 x 2560 resolution display. A Snapdragon 805 is powering the phablet, which is expected to employ 3GB of RAM, a 16MP rear-facing camera, and 32GB of native storage.

While it sounds like a power user's dream, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 might not be able to single handedly turn around Samsung's fortunes. Neil Shah, research director at Counterpoint Technology Market Research, says that specs are not Samsung's problem. Samsung needs to use premium materials for the Galaxy Note 4, says the analyst. And with a larger screened iPhone just weeks away, Wall Streeters are hoping that Samsung has included something new with the device. Neil Mawston, executive director at Strategy Analytics, says that at this point in the game Samsung needs a "revolutionary design," like a bendable screen. He says that the manufacturer also needs to lower prices, and add more high-end features to its entry-level phones.

Samsung also needs to consider markets like India, where just 6% of the population owns a mobile phone. In both India and China, Samsung's entry-level models are priced 30% above the low-end offerings produced by local companies like Xiaomi. And Google's Android One program will help manufacturers build low priced Android models that will be sold for $100 or less. These phones will start rolling out in India later this year, with local firms like Micromax selling them. Local brands in China and India have been eating away at Samsung's market share in those countries. Last quarter, Xiaomi topped Samsung to take over the top spot in China.

"I hope the Note 4 will have all those factors missing from the S5. For example, a premium design with a new design language that includes some metal instead of the plastic design of its existing products. If you look at the Note 2 and 3, and the Galaxy S4 and S5 from the front they all look the same."-Neil Shah, research director, Counterpoint Technology Market Research

While a loaded Samsung Galaxy Note 4 might be great for those who buy the device, most analysts believe that Samsung needs to worry more about the phones it is selling in the emerging markets, if it wants growth in mobile devices to return.

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

[glow=orange]Google will now limit you to four de-authorizations of Google Play Music each year[/glow]

www.phonearena.com

only four
      Google is now limiting the number of de-authorizations for Google Play Music users, to four devices per year. Google does allow each account to connect up to ten devices with the service, although only four of them get All Access. If you do bump up against the ten device limit, think twice about which devices you are authorizing, because four de-authorizations could be reached very quickly under those circumstances.

Back in 2012, Google had originally placed a limit of four de-authorizations a year. Back then, a public outcry followed Google's announcement, which led to a reversal. This time, it doesn't look like this will be the case. And if you do go over the limit, don't expect a stern warning from Google. Instead of a message, it just won't remove the device you requested.

Even if you don't switch devices often, you could run into the limit. Each time you do a factory reset, Google creates a duplicate device. And Google has been known to accidentally dupe a device for no reason. Perhaps if the crew in Mountain View were to give a reason for the limit, everyone would be more understanding.

If you can get a Google rep on the phone who is having a good day, apparently he can clean out your entire authorized device list in 24 hours, and let you start from the beginning with four de-authorizations to your name. But this seems to be a courtesy that Google will give you once a year, and only if you ask nicely.

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

"friedrich420" wrote:

"cebs" wrote:

I hope one day samsung bring us an smartwatch like Moto 360...

The design is so beautiful

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

shit i want the moto 360 now :P

Take a closer look my friend: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://moto360.motorola.com/">https://moto360.motorola.com/</a><!-- m -->
      Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955F)
      Android: 7 Nougat

[glow=blue]Could this be what the Galaxy Note 4 looks like?[/glow]

www.sammobile.com

Note4 Pics
      If there’s one thing Samsung has been extremely good at hiding from the prying media, it’s been the actual design of all its flagships in recent years. The same has been the case for the Galaxy Note 4 this year, but newly leaked images showing an unknown Galaxy device with what looks like an S Pen slot might possibly be breaking the norm. As can be seen from the images, the device looks like the Galaxy Note 3 with a bit of the Galaxy Alpha sprinkled in, with a frame on the side that looks like it could be made of metal and a back cover with an improved version of Samsung’s beloved faux-leather material. There’s also a microUSB 3.0 port and loudspeaker at the bottom, and a heart rate sensor on the rear.

Futhermore, the device in the images looks quite similar to the one seen on the image of the Note 4′s alleged retail box that leaked earlier today. This doesn’t mean that this is actually the final design of Samsung’s next phablet flagship, but it does offer us a look at what the Galaxy Note 4 might look like when it launches later this year. In any case, it won’t be long before we find out what’s real and what’s pure smoke and mirrors.

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

"cebs" wrote:

I don't believe, it looks like an note 3 with some changes

Though it´s metal! We will see, cause there are so many rumors! +:blinzel=+:
      Here are more pics!

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

Same here. If that's the note 4 I will change ships 100...but we'll see. Maybe I will keep the S5 and stick with it cause I don't have time for gaming or any other process which needs a lot of power.

+ seeing the wrist watches next to each other is like a complete embarrassment for Sammy I'm afraid. The other one looks super smooth. Thanks Cebs I got a new tech product on my wishlist now :D
      It is not said to get better if things change but for things to get better you need change