News about Samsung and Android

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• News about Samsung and Android

[glow=red]This Topic is for all the news about Samsung and Android![/glow] ;)

Example:

From Androidandme

[glow=green]New Google Play version rolls out with elements of material design[/glow]

A new version of the Google Play Store is rolling out with a dash of Material Design added in. While the main page of the store hasn’t changed, individual content listings have improved greatly with a new layout inspired by Material Design. The new look features larger images, fluid new animations and a design that fits right in line with Android L. While the old Google Play layout wasn’t bad by any means, this new look is fresh and breathes new life into the older, more cluttered design.

Material Design and Android L aren’t quite ready for the mainstream yet, but it’s heartening to see that Google isn’t slacking in preparing its apps for the fall release. The Play Store update should be rolling out to all users within the next few days, but if you’re itching to get your hands on it, simply hit the source link below to download. Then come back and give us a shout as to what you think of the new design.

For Governor and Sheduler infos. Take a look at
      this site

Display Spoiler

My Phones: Nokia 909, Motorola V3, ... Siemens S35, Siemens S45 . . . ( :hmm: can not remember) ... SEK750, SEK800, SEC905, Galaxy S1, S2, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4 and now my

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F
      EchoeRom N v? with S7E AEL N Kernel v?

and

Note 4 SM-910F
      EchoeRom v? with N4 AEL Kernel v?

• Re: News about Samsung and Android

[highlight=#808040]Oculus Rift turns 'X-Men' into a VR head trip[/highlight]

http://www.engadget.com

[thumbnail]http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/4972d70a1079ef47a575c0c72ed53890/200465230/x-men-occulus-2014-07-23-01.jpg[/thumbnail]

If you've every wanted to try X-Men-style telepathic brainwave amplification, Cerebro isn't real (yet) -- but the Oculus Rift is a damn good surrogate. 20th Century Fox will let you step into Charles Xavier's mind and don the futuristic headgear (the Rift, that is) at Comic-Con in San Diego, starting tonight. Each participant will be immersed in a three minute, panoramic VR presentation on a quest to find nudest of all mutants, Mystique, with the best reactions recorded on a GoPro for Facebook posterity. On top of the VR experience, Fox is offering a limited-edition, thousand-run of X-Men: The Cerebro Collection in a replica Cerebro helmet on pre-order for $80, or $90 with X-Men: Days of Future Past. The latter will also be up for pre-order at $23 alone and both will arrive October 14th, with the Digital HD version set to come on September 23rd.

this site

Display Spoiler

My Phones: Nokia 909, Motorola V3, ... Siemens S35, Siemens S45 . . . ( :hmm: can not remember) ... SEK750, SEK800, SEC905, Galaxy S1, S2, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4 and now my

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

[glow=blue]Exclusive: Live photos and details of the metallic Samsung Galaxy Alpha [/glow]
      www.sammobile.com

Recently, reports have surfaced that Samsung is working on a newer line of flagship devices, with the first phone in the series to be called Galaxy Alpha and have a body made at least partially out of metal. Well, thanks to one of our sources, we have managed to grab hold of live images of the device. The images confirm earlier reports that the Galaxy Alpha will sport a 4.7-inch screen and a metallic construction, though Samsung has opted to use aluminium on the sides while keeping the faux leather back that we’ve seen on the Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy Note 3. which should help in offering both a solid grip and a premium feel.

According to our source, the Galaxy Alpha will be a somewhat high-end device. It has the same display as the Galaxy S III’s (we’re unsure if that only extends to the display resolution or to screen type as well), a nano SIM slot, fingerprint scanner, and 32GB of internal storage but no external storage – this is quite a good indication that reports of the phone being meant as an iPhone killer are partially true. The Galaxy Alpha will be a step above the Galaxy S5 mini and will actually be sold as another watered-down variant of the Galaxy S5. There will also be an LTE-A variant, which is affirmed by an image leaked on a Vietnamese tech blog showing the device in the powered on state, and we’re guessing the LTE-A variant could be powered by Samsung’s recently announced Exynos ModAP processor, which brings support for 150 Mbps LTE-A speeds.

Unfortunately, details are scarce on other features and hardware, but more info should start popping up as we approach the rumored August launch of the Galaxy Alpha. As rumors have suggested, the Galaxy Alpha could see a limited release, but it should still be a good sign that Samsung is finally coming around and could get more comfortable with using metal on its smartphones in the future, something that should make critics of the company’s defiant use of plastic happy.

[thumbnail]sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/galaxy-alpha-6.jpg[/thumbnail]
      [thumbnail]sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/galaxy-alpha-4.jpg[/thumbnail]
      [thumbnail]sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/galaxy-alpha-1.jpg[/thumbnail]

301482001438756850.gif823734001438756274.gifForumrules.gifFlashvetrinMemorian5.png.gif

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

[glow=green]Future phones could house a terabyte of storage[/glow]
      www.engadget.com/
      [thumbnail]http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/f13813d0293a0c8659ac26b0c44828b3/200471424/crossbar-rram-630.jpg[/thumbnail]
      You may think that the 3GB of memory in your new smartphone is hot stuff, but that pales in comparison with what Rice University has in store. Its scientists have detailed a form of resistive RAM (RRAM) that can be made using regular equipment at room temperatures, making it practical for everyday gadgets. The trick is the use of porous silicon oxide where metals (such as gold or platinum) fill the gaps. Using the silicon material doesn't just give manufacturers something familiar to work with; it requires much less power than previous techniques, can last through 100 times as many uses and isn't fazed by heat. It's also far denser than earlier RRAM, storing nine bits per cell where even conventional flash storage stops at three. The result should be an easy-to-make RAM chip with the kind of capacity that you'd normally expect from much larger permanent storage, like an SSD -- as the company Crossbar hinted when it first discussed this approach, you could stuff 1TB into a component the size of a postage stamp.

That's just about ideal for mobile devices, and could mean that future phones and tablets won't have to worry about low memory errors for a long, long time. Crossbar's technology is due in later this year in chips destined for embedded uses like appliances and cars, so the breakthrough won't be noticeable at first. Research lead James Tour tells MIT that he expects a deal with an unnamed manufacturer in the next couple of weeks, though, so it's entirely possible that this super-capacious memory will become commonplace.
      [thumbnail]http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/d6138d33b3ecc79e751c06e6045ef72/200471372/rice-rram.jpg[/thumbnail]

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

"YukiChan456" wrote:

[glow=blue]Exclusive: Live photos and details of the metallic Samsung Galaxy Alpha [/glow]
      www.sammobile.com

Recently, reports have surfaced that Samsung is working on a newer line of flagship devices, with the first phone in the series to be called Galaxy Alpha and have a body made at least partially out of metal. Well, thanks to one of our sources, we have managed to grab hold of live images of the device. The images confirm earlier reports that the Galaxy Alpha will sport a 4.7-inch screen and a metallic construction, though Samsung has opted to use aluminium on the sides while keeping the faux leather back that we’ve seen on the Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy Note 3. which should help in offering both a solid grip and a premium feel.

According to our source, the Galaxy Alpha will be a somewhat high-end device. It has the same display as the Galaxy S III’s (we’re unsure if that only extends to the display resolution or to screen type as well), a nano SIM slot, fingerprint scanner, and 32GB of internal storage but no external storage – this is quite a good indication that reports of the phone being meant as an iPhone killer are partially true. The Galaxy Alpha will be a step above the Galaxy S5 mini and will actually be sold as another watered-down variant of the Galaxy S5. There will also be an LTE-A variant, which is affirmed by an image leaked on a Vietnamese tech blog showing the device in the powered on state, and we’re guessing the LTE-A variant could be powered by Samsung’s recently announced Exynos ModAP processor, which brings support for 150 Mbps LTE-A speeds.

Unfortunately, details are scarce on other features and hardware, but more info should start popping up as we approach the rumored August launch of the Galaxy Alpha. As rumors have suggested, the Galaxy Alpha could see a limited release, but it should still be a good sign that Samsung is finally coming around and could get more comfortable with using metal on its smartphones in the future, something that should make critics of the company’s defiant use of plastic happy.

[thumbnail]http://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/galaxy-alpha-6.jpg[/thumbnail]
      [thumbnail]http://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/galaxy-alpha-4.jpg[/thumbnail]
      [thumbnail]http://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/galaxy-alpha-1.jpg[/thumbnail]

Seems sammy is doing it's best ;)
      But i don't think that my next phone will be samsung again (and i'm sure i'm not alone). What it will be, i can't tell you for the moment. Oppo has some nice phones, LG G3, pfff so much choice ...

"sjamajee" wrote:

"YukiChan456" wrote:

www.sammobile.com

[thumbnail]http://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/galaxy-alpha-6.jpg[/thumbnail]
      [thumbnail]http://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/galaxy-alpha-4.jpg[/thumbnail]
      [thumbnail]http://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/galaxy-alpha-1.jpg[/thumbnail]

Seems sammy is doing it's best ;)
      But i don't think that my next phone will be samsung again (and i'm sure i'm not alone). What it will be, i can't tell you for the moment. Oppo has some nice phones, LG G3, pfff so much choice ...

The agony of choice. I´ll wait for the Note4. I´m curious about the features! ;)

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

Ooooo that galaxy alpha looks really nice I love the idea of having an aluminum frame, for me, it always gives the phone a feeling of higher quality than the plastic stuff. I must admit I really like an aluminum unibody like HTC phones use.

[glow=red]Exclusive: Samsung Gear VR setup walkthrough, First look at Gear VR Manager[/glow]

www.sammobile.com

From sammobile.com
      A few weeks ago, we exclusively confirmed the existence of Samsung’s upcoming virtual reality headset, the Gear VR, and revealed some new information about it and posted a render of the actual device. Today, we are going one step further. Thanks to our elite friends, we have got our hands on an early version of Gear VR Manager, which connects the Gear VR with a mobile device and manages and monitors the basic functions of the Gear VR and installed apps from Samsung Apps.
      20140724_165923
      Once the user launches the Gear VR setup wizard, they are greeted with a welcome screen. After proceeding, they are required to accept an End User License Agreement, after which the setup wizard starts downloading all the core apps from Samsung’s servers, which include VR Panorama, VR Cinema and HMT Manager (Early Gear VR Manager). Finally, the setup wizard thanks the user for completing the setup process and asks the user to mount their Gear VR and enjoy an immersive virtual reality experience. The final screen also confirms our report on Samsung developing a modular design for the Gear VR, which allows the user to dock in a Galaxy device into the Gear VR using USB 3.0.

Look at the pics here

We were unable to make much use of the VR Panorama and VR Cinema apps, as we don’t have the actual VR headset yet. However, we were able to launch the HMT Manager (early version of Gear VR Manager) without needing to connect the Gear VR. HMT Manager includes numerous basic functionality. There’s VR Lock, which allows the user to setup a security lock while wearing the headset, and Warning Alert, which alerts the user every hour while the headset is connected, reminding the user that he is in the virtual world.

Then there’s Undock Alert – whenever the user undocks the mobile device, a guide to dock it back in appears. Screen timeout allows the user to set a screen timeout value, while Calibration allows to calibrate the Galaxy device’s sensors and display according to the Gear VR’s requirements. Rounding off the basic feature list are Help and Developer Mode, which guide the user through the Gear VR’s basic functionality and give developers to some advanced options respectively.

The HMT Manager’s help guide confirms our earlier reports on the Gear VR, including the render we published of the actual device. As you can see in the screenshots below, there is a touchpad and a back button located on the right side of the VR headset, as exclusively reported by us previously. Once the Galaxy device gets docked into the Gear VR, the user isn’t able to use the device’s touchscreen, nor the physical buttons. So, the touchpad and the back button will allow users to navigate through the user interface on their Galaxy smartphone. The back button also doubles as a see-through button; this action is done by long-pressing the back button. This then activates the smartphone’s rear-facing camera sensor to supply the user with a video feed of the real outside world, and a short-press on the back button gets the user back to the VR world. Samsung is also making use of its S Voice app to allow users to directly launch applications using voice commands.

As reported earlier, the hardware of the device is being developed by Samsung, while the software is being developed in cooperation with Oculus VR, makers of the Oculus Rift VR headset. Samsung will be opening up Gear VR’s SDK to developers soon after the launch at IFA 2014, alongside the Galaxy Note 4, and will also be dedicating an entire section of Samsung Apps for Gear VR.

All in all, the Gear VR looks like the best implementation of VR tech to date, thanks to its modular design. Virtual reality has been hyped as the next big thing for decades, but it never really took off. However, Samsung has the potential to take virtual reality mainstream (along with Oculus VR), especially if they price it right and get developers’ attention.

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

[glow=violet]Samsung’s 5.9-inch Galaxy Mega 2 makes its way to the FCC[/glow]

www.sammobile.com

From sammobile.com
      We’ve known that second-generation Galaxy Mega devices have been in the works for quite some time, and the smaller version of the upcoming Mega lineup has leaked quite a few times but has continued to remain somewhat elusive and still hasn’t been made official by Samsung. However, that could soon change, as the 5.9-inch variant of the Galaxy Mega 2 has been certified by the FCC as the SM-G750A, which is (most likely) the AT&T variant of the device.

According to the FCC, the SM-G750A measures 164.4 x 85 mm – that’s a tad larger than the Galaxy Mega 5.8 and considerably smaller than the Galaxy Mega 6.3, indicating that the device could indeed have a 5.9-inch display as previous leaks have implied. The FCC listing also confirms that the SM-G750A sports LTE, NFC and Wi-Fi connectivity – no other details are to be found, though previous rumors suggest the device could feature a 64-bit Snapdragon 410 chipset, a 720p display, 2 GB of RAM, 8 GB of internal storage, and Android 4.4 KitKat.

If you haven’t made the conclusion yet, the Galaxy Mega 2 lineup will be rather similar to the original in its mid-range underpinnings, though it should still be a great option for those looking for a smartphone with a gigantic display without fully entering tablet territory. It’s still unknown what screen size the larger Galaxy Mega 2 variant will sport, but we should be getting all the details in due time.

[center][/center]
      [center][/center]

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

[glow=yellow]The battle for virtual reality: Google, Samsung, Sony and Oculus VR[/glow]

Read the whole story on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.engadget.com">http://www.engadget.com</a><!-- m -->

Abstract from engadget
      Back in June, Google revealed Cardboard: an open-source attempt at mobile virtual reality. Heck, even the "hardware" is open source --here are instructions to make your own, right now!

But the concept is more than a low-tech solution to mobile VR. It's emblematic of Google's approach to virtual reality: use the phone that's already in your pocket. Samsung's taking the same approach later this year with Gear VR, only it's also partnering with Oculus VR on the software side.

This stands in stark contrast to the PC-dependent, ultra-high-res experience Oculus VR and Facebook are aiming to achieve. The Oculus Rift headset both literally and figuratively kickstarted the re-birth of virtual reality in modern technology. It remains the peak of technological achievement in virtual reality. And now, the medium is splintering into two distinct futures: one of entertainment, the other of immersion.

[center][/center]

[center][BBvideo 560,340]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wZXjoMMigJU[/BBvideo][/center]
      [center][BBvideo 560,340]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7yz2mUsb31U[/BBvideo][/center]

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

[glow=red]Google Play gets a section for offline games[/glow]

www.engadget.com/

Only 54 games
      [center][/center]

In an ideal world, your smartphone and tablet would always be online (and you'd still have an unlimited data plan), but that's just not the case. Problem is, some Android games require a connection even after you've completed your download, but others do not. It's that latter list that Google's breaking out into its own section in Play, called "Offline Games." There you'll find Asphalt 8, Dots, Jetpack Joyride, Assassin's Creed Pirates and a few others -- 54 games in all. That's a shockingly slim selection, so this list is hardly all-inclusive, but if you're in the market for a game to play on your next flight or subway ride, it's a good place to start.

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

[glow=orange]Samsung Galaxy S4 catches fire under the pillow of a 13 year-old girl[/glow]

www.phonearena.com

From Phonearena
      A 13 year-old Texas girl, who kept her Samsung Galaxy S4 under her pillow, was awoken by the smell of something burning. Unfortunately, it was her Samsung Galaxy S4 that was the source of the acrid smelling smoke. At first, Ariel Tolfree went back to sleep, but before things could get out of hand, she woke up again from the smell of her handset getting burnt beyond recognition.

The cause of the fire? The Tolfree family blames a replacement battery for the incident. There was no word on whether the replacement cell was an authorized replacement. Last year, there was a series of incidents that took place where Apple iPhone and Apple iPad users received shocks (at least one was fatal), supposedly from the use of unauthorized third party battery chargers.

Regardless of who is at fault here, Samsung did agree to ship Ariel a brand new phone (a Samsung Galaxy S5 perhaps?) and replace the singed bedding, pillow and other damaged materials. Samsung does warn owners of its handsets not to keep it under bedding (like a pillow) as that can restrict air flow and possibly cause a fire.

[center][/center]

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

"YukiChan456" wrote:

[glow=orange]Samsung Galaxy S4 catches fire under the pillow of a 13 year-old girl[/glow]

www.phonearena.com

From Phonearena
      A 13 year-old Texas girl, who kept her Samsung Galaxy S4 under her pillow, was awoken by the smell of something burning. Unfortunately, it was her Samsung Galaxy S4 that was the source of the acrid smelling smoke. At first, Ariel Tolfree went back to sleep, but before things could get out of hand, she woke up again from the smell of her handset getting burnt beyond recognition.

The cause of the fire? The Tolfree family blames a replacement battery for the incident. There was no word on whether the replacement cell was an authorized replacement. Last year, there was a series of incidents that took place where Apple iPhone and Apple iPad users received shocks (at least one was fatal), supposedly from the use of unauthorized third party battery chargers.

Regardless of who is at fault here, Samsung did agree to ship Ariel a brand new phone (a Samsung Galaxy S5 perhaps?) and replace the singed bedding, pillow and other damaged materials. Samsung does warn owners of its handsets not to keep it under bedding (like a pillow) as that can restrict air flow and possibly cause a fire.

[center][/center]

:shock:
      It is not said to get better if things change but for things to get better you need change

"4aces" wrote:

"YukiChan456" wrote:

www.phonearena.com

From Phonearena

[center][/center]

:shock:

Yeah, I guess it was huge luck this time! :roll:

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

[glow=red]Samsung Electronics is pressed by the smartphone business...The company is concentrating all its energy on the Galaxy Note 4[/glow]

english.etnews.com/
      Note4
      Samsung Electronics (SEC) will fully mobilize the technologies it has saved for the new ‘Galaxy Note 4’ slated to be released this fall.

The strategic model Galaxy S5 that SEC launched in the first half performed worse than expected, and Apple is trying to snatch the demands for the Galaxy Note 4 using the iPhone 6 with a larger display in the second half. Public attention is paid to whether the strategic model Galaxy Note 4 will save SEC in danger or end up as a storm in a teacup.

According to industry insiders on July 20, the IT & Mobile Communications (IM) Division of SEC is known to be applying a lot of new functions, such as the flexible display, metal case and OIS (optical image stabilization) camera, to the Galaxy Note 4. As a matter of fact, the South Korean consumer electronics giant is doing all it can in terms of hardware innovation.

It appears that the core of the innovation of the Galaxy Note 4 design will be the flexible display and metal case. Recently Samsung Display increased its production capacity by more than 50% to produce the flexible displays for the Galaxy Note 4.

To emphasize the luxury image, SEC adopted the metal case as well. Originally SEC tried to apply the metal case to the Galaxy S5, but it was postponed because of unstable supply and demand. The Galaxy Note 4 Advanced Development Team is known to be trying to decide which material to use, i.e. stainless steel, magnesium or aluminum. However, as the domestic SCM is still vulnerable, the metal case is expected to be adopted only for the premium model of the Galaxy Note 4.

It will also come with the 16-mega pixel OIS camera module. SEC already asked its main suppliers like Samsung Electromechanics to build the facilities for producing the OIS camera module for the Galaxy Note 4. To increase the light intensity of the camera module, SEC considered using the 12-mega pixel CMOS image sensor (CIS), but ended up choosing the 16-mega pixel.

SEC’s strategy was to stockpile R&D results and apply only some functions to a new product. If too many new functions are adopted for a model, marketing points will be diluted and the burden of developing a follow-up model will grow.

As the sales of the Galaxy S5 are sluggish, and SEC has been chased by Chinese companies in the mid-to low-priced smartphone market, however, the company cannot afford to stick to its existing strategy. As personnel reshuffle was mentioned for censure in the IT & Mobile Communications (IM) Division, executives including CEO Shin Jong-gyun are pressured for a change for the better results.

“Samsung Electronics has been somewhat insensitive to innovation over the years, but this time the company seems to have a lot of catching up to do (hardware innovation),” said industry insiders. “Not only Samsung Electronics’ sustainable growth, but also the leadership of its management will be proven by the success of the Galaxy Note 4.”

Lee Hyeong-soo | <!-- e --><a href="mailto:goldlion2@etnews.com">goldlion2@etnews.com</a><!-- e -->

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

[glow=blue]Record orders for the Apple iPhone 6 could lead to a 5% to 10% price hike for competing phones[/glow]

www.phonearena.com

WTF
      Apple has recently been rumored to have ordered a record 70 million to 80 million units of the Apple iPhone 6 for the initial run of the phone. Chinese media have responded by telling consumers to expect a 5% to 10% price hike on competitive models, in return. The reason for this has to do with the limited resources that contract manufacturers have. If they are forced to have more assembly lines working on the iPhone 6 as opposed to another company's phone, production of the latter device will drop. And for those who passed Economics 101, think back at what happens when demand stays the same and supply drops.

Those of you who said that prices rise under those circumstances, congratulations on being correct. Consider that Apple's largest iPhone manufacturer, Foxconn, also builds devices for companies like Nokia, Sony, Motorola, Microsoft and BlackBerry, to name a few. You can see why Apple's decision to order such a large amount of handsets could reduce the supply of other models.

The same quarter that launches the Apple iPhone 6 could also see the release of the Sony Xperia Z3, the BlackBerry Passport, and the Samsung Galaxy Alpha. It should be interesting to see if the rumored large order placed by Apple for the iPhone 6 pans out, and if it does, how that affects the pricing of the competitors' top-shelf phones.:( :problem:

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

[glow=green]Next-generation lithium cells will double your phone's battery life[/glow]
      www.engadget.com
      double capacity
      The lithium ion batteries in your mobile devices are inherently limited by the "ion" part of their name; they can safely use lithium only in the part of the cell that supplies ions, wasting a lot of potential energy. It's good news, then, that researchers at Stanford have developed a new lithium battery that could last for much, much longer. The technique allows for denser, more efficient lithium in the battery's anode (which discharges electrons) by using a nanoscopic carbon shield that keeps the unstable chemical in check -- uncontrolled, it can quickly shorten the device's lifespan.
      The result is a power pack that lasts considerably longer on charge, won't decay quickly and remains relatively safe. Stanford's Steven Chu (the former US Secretary of Energy) reckons that a cellphone equipped with these advanced lithium cells could have two to three times the battery life, and automakers could build cheap electric cars that still offer a healthy driving range. There's more engineering work required before you see any shipping products, but it's entirely possible that future portable gadgets will run for more than a day on a charge without resorting to giant battery packs.
      [center][/center]

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F

"YukiChan456" wrote:

[glow=green]Next-generation lithium cells will double your phone's battery life[/glow]
      www.engadget.com
      double capacity
      The lithium ion batteries in your mobile devices are inherently limited by the "ion" part of their name; they can safely use lithium only in the part of the cell that supplies ions, wasting a lot of potential energy. It's good news, then, that researchers at Stanford have developed a new lithium battery that could last for much, much longer. The technique allows for denser, more efficient lithium in the battery's anode (which discharges electrons) by using a nanoscopic carbon shield that keeps the unstable chemical in check -- uncontrolled, it can quickly shorten the device's lifespan.
      The result is a power pack that lasts considerably longer on charge, won't decay quickly and remains relatively safe. Stanford's Steven Chu (the former US Secretary of Energy) reckons that a cellphone equipped with these advanced lithium cells could have two to three times the battery life, and automakers could build cheap electric cars that still offer a healthy driving range. There's more engineering work required before you see any shipping products, but it's entirely possible that future portable gadgets will run for more than a day on a charge without resorting to giant battery packs.
      [center][/center]

That sound's great, thank you for all your usefull infos, you're really a techie ;)

Echoe V46 N4

for latest Mods you can always have a look here S4 Mods old for V55 for V57 it's in the kitchen
      Guide to enable Toolbox Toggle
      S4 I9505 Modems and Bootloaders

[highlight=#400000]Back in Action[/highlight]

[glow=blue]The Xiaomi Mi 4, latest Galaxy S5 Alpha leaks, and the next-gen MOTO G smartphone: weekly news round-up[/glow]

Pics and Slideshow on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.phonearena.com">http://www.phonearena.com</a><!-- m -->

summary
      So which is the fastest smartphone in the world anyway? The guys at Xiaomi claim to have something that matches the description. It is known as the Xiaomi Mi 4 and it blends top-of-the-line hardware specs with an unbelievably low price. This is not the only hot news from last week, however. We had the chance to take another look at the yet-unannounced Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha. The phone is expected to stand out with its premium design and metal construction, all while being more compact than the current lineup of Android flagships.

On the other side of the price spectrum we have the successor to the Motorola MOTO G. Or at least that is what the leaked Motorola handset from last week is believed to be. The new model is rumored to come close in terms of specs to the current MOTO G, and it is safe to assume that it will sell at a very affordable price point.
      [center][/center]

this site

Display Spoiler

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

and

Note 4 SM-910F