XXUHOJ2 Modems + Bootloader
      mega.nz/#F!BN0hCbaI!uM0YDjVFFpXlUdqRtX2Qaw
      VJUHOK1 Modems + Bootloader
      mega.nz/#F!4NM1WZpL!hy8iSNgrfflr2DLkYmqWPQ
      ODIN
      Odin 3.10.7
      mega.nz/#!FU8ABSIR!Vw0sKejxD37…pTeb0HdJavTiv873Wk3HrNKCg

Echoe V41 N4

for latest Mods you can always have a look here S4 Mods old for V55 for V57 it's in the kitchen
      Guide to enable Toolbox Toggle
      S4 I9505 Modems and Bootloaders
    • Re: AW: Modem Thread in XDA

Hi everyone, this is my little Guide how to flash a modem (baseband) or a bootloader, or both together in Odin. Reading many threads in the last weeks, has showed me there are many people who have problems with flashing via Odin. I hope this thread will help and result in a successful flash for you guys and girls.
      First of all, i want to say, i'm using Odin 3.09 for flashing.
      You can get it from here:
      odindownload.com/

I explain how to flash a modem and a bootloader together at the same time. You can follow the steps also for only one of both.
      Everything you are doing with your phone is on your own risk. I am not responsible for anything.
      So let's start with the flash:
      You have downloaded your modem (let's say NB9....tar.md5) and your bootloader? OK, so
      1. rightclick on Odin and start it as administrator.
      2. Now open the windows taskmaster. End all "Kies" processes.
      3. In Odin untick "Auto reboot"
      4. For the bootloader select BL and browse to your bootloader file.
      5. For the modem select CP and browse to your modem file.
      The next step is VERY IMPORTANT
      6. Power off your phone
      7. Start your phone into download mode by holding Vol down, and power button.
      IMPORTANT: DON'T REBOOT INTO DOWNLOAD MODE FROM YOUR POWER MENU! ALWAYS USE THE THREE BUTTON COMBO!
      8. Once your phone is in download mode, connect it to your PC. (Best results always with your original Samsung USB cable)

Odin should say "Added" now.
      9. Press the Start button in Odin and let it do it's magic.
      wait about 2 - 5 minutes.
      10. When Odin shows "PASS" you can unplug your phone.
      IMPORTANT: WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE "PASS" DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE BEFORE!
      11. When you have unplugged your phone, it is still in download mode. Just hold the power button about 8 seconds until your phone reboots.
      DONE
      Go to Settings/my device/about phone. There you will see your new baseband.
      To check if the bootloader was flashed correct you need a terminal emulator.
      type: su (press enter)
      Type: getprop ro.bootloader (press enter)
      The result shows wich bootloader you have.
      Phone: GT-I9505
      ROM: Echoe V50
      Recovery: TWRP 2.8.6.0

• Re: Modem Thread in XDA

Darkwing_X wrote:

Hello everyone,

maybe some people also have to search always where to get the latest
      Modem and Bootloader. Here is the link over to the "other" Forum

forum.xda-developers.com/showp…p=50965837&postcount=2627

If it's not allowed to post it, just remove it friedrich.

I added this info to the FAQ

echoerom.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20
      live as if you were to die tomorrow,
      learn as if you were to live forever

Ghandi

"Acer4605" wrote:

I added this info to the FAQ

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://echoerom.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20</a><!-- l -->

Thanx so much, why i didn't have the idea to post it there ???? Stupid me ;)
      Maybe i wanted to open a new Topic once im my lifetime ;)

Maybe we can remove this Topic so we don't confuse everyone with many many topics.

Echoe V41 N4

for latest Mods you can always have a look here S4 Mods old for V55 for V57 it's in the kitchen

I think it's better to send a PM to me or friedrich if you guys and dolls have usefull info which can be added to the FAQ and I will adapt it accordingly

Ghandi

"Acer4605" wrote:

I think it's better to send a PM to me or friedrich if you guys and dolls have usefull info which can be added to the FAQ and I will adapt it accordingly

Maybe I'm the only one but why is modem ot? For me it's general Android and thanks darkwin! !!!
      Maybe we split in s4 and note?
      It is not said to get better if things change but for things to get better you need change

"4aces" wrote:

"Acer4605" wrote:

Maybe I'm the only one but why is modem ot? For me it's general Android and thanks darkwin! !!!

+1

For Governor and Sheduler infos. Take a look at
      this site

Display Spoiler

My Phones: Nokia 909, Motorola V3, ... Siemens S35, Siemens S45 . . . ( :hmm: can not remember) ... SEK750, SEK800, SEC905, Galaxy S1, S2, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4 and now my

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F
      EchoeRom N v? with S7E AEL N Kernel v?

and

Note 4 SM-910F
      EchoeRom v? with N4 AEL Kernel v?

"4aces" wrote:

"Acer4605" wrote:

Sorry my fault i put it in the wrong section, maybe a mod can move it ;)
      So you can practice moving threads a little bit ;)

Echoe V41 N4

"Darkwing_X" wrote:

"4aces" wrote:

"Acer4605" wrote:

Don't say sorry. ..I was serious my friend thanks a lot. ..I missed modems completely it is a good idea. ..i will move later if it has to be moved;) cause that was only my thought
      It is not said to get better if things change but for things to get better you need change

"4aces" wrote:

"Darkwing_X" wrote:

"4aces" wrote:

"Acer4605" wrote:

Don't say sorry. ..I was serious my friend thanks a lot. ..I missed modems completely it is a good idea. ..i will move later if it has to be moved;) cause that was only my thought

Moved to "GENERAL ANDROID DISCUSSION" ;)

"cebs" wrote:

I think it would be better to rename to S4 GT-I9505 Modem Thread in XDA to avoid misunderstood with Note 3 :)

You're right, but i haven't found out how to rename. Hope friedrich could do it. [emoji6]

sent with my Nokia 3210 using Tapatalk

Echoe V41 N4

"Darkwing_X" wrote:

"cebs" wrote:

I think it would be better to rename to S4 GT-I9505 Modem Thread in XDA to avoid misunderstood with Note 3 :)

You're right, but i haven't found out how to rename. Hope friedrich could do it. [emoji6]

sent with my Nokia 3210 using Tapatalk

edit:Title adapted Acer4605

Ghandi

• SM-N9005 Modem & Bootloader

Hi everyone, this is my little Guide how to flash a modem (baseband) or a bootloader, or both together in Odin. Reading many threads in the last weeks, has showed me there are many people who have problems with flashing via Odin. I hope this thread will help and result in a successful flash for you guys and girls.
      First of all, i want to say, i'm using Odin 3.09 for flashing.
      You can get it from here:
      <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://odindownload.com/">http://odindownload.com/</a><!-- m -->

I explain how to flash a modem and a bootloader together at the same time. You can follow the steps also for only one of both.
      Everything you are doing with your phone is on your own risk. I am not responsible for anything. 
      So let's start with the flash:
      You have downloaded your modem (let's say NB9....tar.md5) and your bootloader? OK, so 
      1. rightclick on Odin and start it as administrator. 
      2. Now open the windows taskmaster. End all "Kies" processes.
      3. In Odin untick "Auto reboot"
      4. For the bootloader select BL and browse to your bootloader file. 
      5. For the modem select CP and browse to your modem file.
      The next step is VERY IMPORTANT
      6. Power off your phone
      7. Start your phone into download mode by holding Vol down, and power button. 
      IMPORTANT: DON'T REBOOT INTO DOWNLOAD MODE FROM YOUR POWER MENU! ALWAYS USE THE THREE BUTTON COMBO!
      8. Once your phone is in download mode, connect it to your PC. (Best results always with your original Samsung USB cable)

Odin should say "Added" now.

9. Press the Start button in Odin and let it do it's magic.
      wait about 2 - 5 minutes.
      10. When Odin shows "PASS" you can unplug your phone.
      IMPORTANT: WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE "PASS" DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE BEFORE!
      11. When you have unplugged your phone, it is still in download mode. Just hold the power button about 8 seconds until your phone reboots.
      DONE
      Go to Settings/my device/about phone. There you will see your new baseband.
      To check if the bootloader was flashed correct you need a terminal emulator.
      type: su (press enter)
      Type: getprop ro.bootloader (press enter)
      The result shows wich bootloader you have.

• Re: S4 GT-I9505- Modem Thread in XDA

I don't know if anybody experienced the same but everytime I flash a new modem not only the ability of my device to process the 4G/3G/2G signal changes (sometimes it get better as new modems come out and sometimes it got worse) but also the ability to receive/process Wifi signal. I'm currently on XXUGNG2 and what should I say, here in Spain (Vodafone) I can't find a better modem than this one, for both mobile and Wifi signal, but that's probably because I haven't tried enough ;) The XX...NDG modem was also one that worked good for me. What modems would you recommend, Echonians? (Nation/Provider indication would be great)
      I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. – Thomas Jefferson

GT-I9505, EchoeRom V48, Basisband XXUH0B8, Bootloader UH07B, AEL Kernel
    • Re: AW: S4 GT-I9505- Modem Thread in XDA

"NE555" wrote:

I don't know if anybody experienced the same but everytime I flash a new modem not only the ability of my device to process the 4G/3G/2G signal changes (sometimes it get better as new modems come out and sometimes it got worse) but also the ability to receive/process Wifi signal. I'm currently on XXUGNG2 and what should I say, here in Spain (Vodafone) I can't find a better modem than this one, for both mobile and Wifi signal, but that's probably because I haven't tried enough ;) The XX...NDG modem was also one that worked good for me. What modems would you recommend, Echonians? (Nation/Provider indication would be great)

I always use the same modem as the ROM base is, so for now also NG2. Never had problems with this strategy.

• Re: AW: S4 GT-I9505- Modem Thread in XDA

"speedwayfan75" wrote:

"NE555" wrote:

I always use the same modem as the ROM base is, so for now also NG2. Never had problems with this strategy.

Then you're lucky because e.g. ...NG1 was definitely worse for me than NG2, both for the mobile and Wifi signal. When the Rom base change I always change the modem although there is no need for it but just to assure that I don't miss a uber-modem ;)
      I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. – Thomas Jefferson

"Darkwing_X" wrote:

"4aces" wrote:

"Acer4605" wrote:

Oh, I have also experience in being moved, you get accostumed and I'm sure a time will come that you can't be without it as me! :D

current baseband = i9505XXUNE5 Current Bootloader= NAD

I wana upgrade to the NG2 modem (GSM + LTE). Do i Need to flash new bootloader too ??
      or it'll be fine if I simply flash it via odin . i.e GSM_Modem_XXUGNG2_and_LTE_Modem_XXUGNG2.rar
      And Kindly Do tell me, in which tab of Latest ODiN i've to put this file :P *Sorry Forgot it*

"Red Phoenix" wrote:

current baseband = i9505XXUNE5 Current Bootloader= NAD

I wana upgrade to the NG2 modem (GSM + LTE). Do i Need to flash new bootloader too ??
      or it'll be fine if I simply flash it via odin . i.e GSM_Modem_XXUGNG2_and_LTE_Modem_XXUGNG2.rar
      And Kindly Do tell me, in which tab of Latest ODiN i've to put this file :P *Sorry Forgot it*

No you don't need to flash also the Bootloader.

If you're on old Knoxfree Bootloader please flash only GSM Modem, with non-hlos.bin (LTE Modem) you'll loose sound and/or WiFi.
      I put it alays in tab CP (CellPhone). Be sure to turn your Phone off and start with the Buttoncombo in Downloadmode.

@speedwayfan75 wrote a good tutorial a few post above.

Echoe V41 N4