Disable music titel-skip with volume buttons?

• Disable music titel-skip with volume buttons?

Hello everybody,

I am a proud owner of a Note 4 (N910F), of course Echoerom V2 is running perfectly on it.
    (Thanks Friedrich and the all other echoenians out there!)

I want to disable the "music titel-skip" function within the volume buttons.
    I just bought the new Samsung in ear phones with remote control, but everytime the display goes off and I want to swith the volume, the playing titel skips.
    So the remote volume buttons do not really work as they should - I have to turn on the screen on first, then everything works as is should (until the screen goes off again).
    This is also the way the volume buttons work an the phone itself.
    It's a nice and handy feature, If you are using just headphones, but if you have a 3-button remote headset, it's a nightmare - at least for me :(

I tried a lot of things and this happens to the stock music player, but also with power amp.

- checked the settings within the player apps -> no change
    - unchecked options within Wanam-Xposed and GravityBox and rebootet serverall times -> no change
    - tried to install severall apps from playstore (jays app and many other apps) -> no change

I hope anyone of you can help me, or point me to the right direction?

If searched the internet for the last 3 days, but i couldn't find any solution and it's driving me crazy ;)
    I would highly appreciate any help.

(If my question is not in the right section of the board, could a mod please be so kind and pass me to the right place?)

Thank you in advance and merry christmas from Austria!
    JBW
  • Re: Disable music titel-skip with volume buttons?

Hmm honestly I have no idea cause you already checked xposed and gravity box which are the options I use to skip tracks. The rom should be without that out of the box...so maybe you install the rom again?
    Else do you remember any change of settings?

In gravity box it's in media tweaks
    It is not said to get better if things change but for things to get better you need change

"4aces" wrote:

Hmm honestly I have no idea cause you already checked xposed and gravity box which are the options I use to skip tracks. The rom should be without that out of the box...so maybe you install the rom again?
    Else do you remember any change of settings?

In gravity box it's in media tweaks

Hello 4aces,

thanks for your reply.
    I really think this behavior was there since I installed this rom from beginning on.
    I can't say if it was within the stock rom too, because the first thing I did with the new phone, was to root and install Echoe :)

Is the button behavior going back to "normal" when you uncheck these settings in Xposed and/or GravityBox on your phone?
    Would you mind testing it for me please?

Can it be that this behavior of the volume buttons was the same with my old S4?
    I can't test it for now, my old S4 is not with me right now.

But as the titels skips with the stock player as well, I guess it must be something in the rom now, that doesn't change back?
    I also tried to disable Xposed and GravityBox completly and rebootet, but nothing chnaged.

I fear I will have to go the "hard way", odin flash full stock - try - and go on step by step. :crazy: :thumbup:
    But I will wait some more time to do that, maybe someone has another hint for me - or I wait for Echoe-Lollipop to arrive on the N4 :D

Best regards,
    JBW

I flashed echoe and didn't even try stock and without any settings made in xposed and gravity my Volume rockers don't switch tracks. They only do if I change the settings for Volume like I said before in gravity box for example.
    It is not said to get better if things change but for things to get better you need change

Hi,

I just dirty flashed echoe N4v2 and checked that these settings in Xposed and GravityBox are unchecked. But the volume buttons still skip tracks.

Anyway, thanks for your time!
    I will wait for lollipop to resetup everything from scratch.

Kind regards,
    JBW

Hello,

an update to my op-question - I have found the "problem", there was a similar setting in a lockscreen app (c locker), that I didn't remember!
    Now I turned this one off and everything works as it should - silly me :angel:

So this thread can be closed by a mod please.

Thanks and regards,
    JBW