Galaxy s10 Query (duel sim and single sim)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Galaxy s10 Query (duel sim and single sim)

hi all , ive upgraded to and s10e g970f fd and is the first time ive come into contact with a dual sim device,
      Could someone please shout a brief rundown on what it is for and which way round the two imeis work for example, should the handset have 1 physical sim slot but have the functionality to switch to another sim card and carrier?
      Or
      Should it simply have two physical slots built in for simultanius use because as it stands ive recieved a single sim slotted device and installed my old sim and the *#06# is showing two different IMEI's aswell as the S/N.
      any info would would be hugely appreciated due to my unfamiliarity :)

:fie: echoean-in-distress :S
      assaultrifle In Echoe We Trust :minigun: :pump: Echoe-Fan :borg:
    • Hi there.
      The sd slot acts as a second sim tray from what I understand. This would mean that you would not have the option of any extra storage if indeed you had a second sim card inserted.
      The dual SIM versions are the GSM Exynox versions, and Samsung can't legally sell Exynos in the US. All Samsungs since the S6 and Note 5 variants have been dual sim in Asia, and I think Australia. In fact, in Southeast Asia, you can't even find a single SIM only Samsung phone.

Hope that helps!
      Sent from my echoewarrior Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus! :Bart:
      Peace and love from the UK.
    • largewoodenspoon wrote:

Hi there.
      The sd slot acts as a second sim tray from what I understand. This would mean that you would not have the option of any extra storage if indeed you had a second sim card inserted.
      The dual SIM versions are the GSM Exynox versions, and Samsung can't legally sell Exynos in the US. All Samsungs since the S6 and Note 5 variants have been dual sim in Asia, and I think Australia. In fact, in Southeast Asia, you can't even find a single SIM only Samsung phone.

Hope that helps!
      There are modifications out the s9s that allow for duel sim as well as a SD card, so I would expect it would come to the s10 at some point.
    • thank you both for your responses ive done my own research aswell and im a little more relaxed, the two imei's just confused the hell out of me to begin with,

Much appreciated guys the echoe comunity is defo the best 5£ ive spent since i descovered echoerom
      :) :)
      assaultrifle In Echoe We Trust :minigun: :pump: Echoe-Fan :borg: