NOTE 3 (SM-N9005) Modems and Bootloaders

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re: AW: SM-N9005 Modems and Bootloaders

Hi everyone, this is my little Guide how to flash a modem (baseband) or a bootloader, or both together in Odin. Reading many threads in the last weeks, has showed me there are many people who have problems with flashing via Odin. I hope this thread will help and result in a successful flash for you guys and girls.
      First of all, i want to say, i'm using Odin 3.09 for flashing.
      You can get it from here:
      <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://odindownload.com/">http://odindownload.com/</a><!-- m -->

I explain how to flash a modem and a bootloader together at the same time. You can follow the steps also for only one of both.
      Everything you are doing with your phone is on your own risk. I am not responsible for anything.
      So let's start with the flash:
      You have downloaded your modem (let's say NB9....tar.md5) and your bootloader? OK, so
      1. rightclick on Odin and start it as administrator.
      2. Now open the windows taskmaster. End all "Kies" processes.
      3. In Odin untick "Auto reboot"
      4. For the bootloader select BL and browse to your bootloader file.
      5. For the modem select CP and browse to your modem file.
      The next step is VERY IMPORTANT
      6. Power off your phone
      7. Take out your battery wait 10 sec, put it back in.
      8. Start your phone into download mode by holding Vol down, Home and power button.
      IMPORTANT: DON'T REBOOT INTO DOWNLOAD MODE FROM YOUR POWER MENU! ALWAYS USE THE THREE BUTTON COMBO!
      9. Once your phone is in download mode, connect it to your PC. (Best results always with your original Samsung USB cable)

Odin should say "Added" now.
      10. Press the Start button in Odin and let it do it's magic.
      wait about 2 - 5 minutes.
      11. When Odin shows "PASS" you can unplug your phone.
      IMPORTANT: WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE "PASS" DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE BEFORE!
      12. When you have unplugged your phone, it is still in download mode. Just hold the power button about 8 seconds until your phone reboots.
      DONE
      Go to Settings/my device/about phone. There you will see your new baseband.
      To check if the bootloader was flashed correct you need a terminal emulator.
      type: su (press enter)
      Type: getprop ro.bootloader (press enter)
      The result shows wich bootloader you have.
      Phone: GT-I9505
      ROM: Echoe V50
      Recovery: TWRP 2.8.6.0

• Re: SM-N9005 Modems and Bootloaders

[glow=blue]civato's modem files for Samsung Galaxy Note 3[/glow]

Modems links

For Governor and Sheduler infos. Take a look at
      this site

Display Spoiler

My Phones: Nokia 909, Motorola V3, ... Siemens S35, Siemens S45 . . . ( :hmm: can not remember) ... SEK750, SEK800, SEC905, Galaxy S1, S2, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4 and now my

Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F
      EchoeRom N v? with S7E AEL N Kernel v?

and

Note 4 SM-910F
      EchoeRom v? with N4 AEL Kernel v?

• Re: SM-N9005 Modems and Bootloaders

Hello all,
      I'm on a Note 3, N9005
      I tried to update my modem to the CP-modem-XXNF2.tar with Odin 3.09.... Without success :(

I tried the different technics : without auto reboot, double flash, taking out the battery more than 10 seconds before rebooting in download mode etc...

the Baseband is still the OLD modem :-/
      Today i am in the following parameters :
      Echo V15
      Bootloader XXUENB1
      Baseband XXUENB1
      PDS XXUENFNF4

I would like to upgrade the Bootloader : is it relevant ?
      I would like to upgrade the modem : I often lose the signal (!!!) is it relevant ?

Thanks for your tips !

I GOT IT => I flashed the .bin file of the MODEM directly. and not the .ter file

I am now on baseband XXUFNF2
    • Re: NOTE 3 (SM-N9005) Modems and Bootloaders

Hello community!

Sorry for the noob question:
      The method described is for .tar.md5 files, but the files in the echoe-Homepage are modem.bin and non-hlos.bin
      How do I flash those files with odin?

Is it really necessary to update the Bootloader when installing the latest echoe-rom? (what benefits will I have when updating the bootloader?)

Thanks in advance for your answers!
    • Re: NOTE 3 (SM-N9005) Modems and Bootloaders

"Pixelfanatic" wrote:

Hello community!

Sorry for the noob question:
      The method described is for .tar.md5 files, but the files in the echoe-Homepage are modem.bin and non-hlos.bin
      How do I flash those files with odin?

Is it really necessary to update the Bootloader when installing the latest echoe-rom? (what benefits will I have when updating the bootloader?)

Thanks in advance for your answers!

For your fist question, you can also flash the .bin files in Odin, it's not neccessary to have .tar or .tar.md5

The other question, just try without updating the bootloader, if you run into troubles you can always update afterwards,
      sometimes you need to update the bootloader when you want to use the latest LTE Modem.

Echoe V48 N4

for latest Mods you can always have a look here S4 Mods old for V55 for V57 it's in the kitchen
      Guide to enable Toolbox Toggle
      S4 I9505 Modems and Bootloaders