s7e crash course needed

• s7e crash course needed

Hi fellas (and ladies)! Since my beloved Note4 went for a swim in the toilet on New years day, and was water damaged beyond repair, I ended up having to upgrade to an S7 Edge.

I managed to get root (!!) eventually but I'm on EVR firmware and there's a LOT i dont understand about flashing / how it is different to get custom firmwares on. Seems it's entirely different to the Note4?

Is there a quick thread I can read, somewhere out there in the world? I've tried reading XDA and yes I managed to understand how to get root, but so many threads there assume you know how to get even a custom recovery on - and I can't figure that out either.

I must be getting old! Thanks for any help or pity. I loved that note4!!! @Kyri helped me look after it so well!!! The S7E is a nice bit of kit but it's not quite the same.
    • monkteo wrote:

Hi there, if you can tell what you want to install in your phone ?
      There are 3 rom-s for S7E
      1.Note7 Port
      2.S7E
      3.Nougat
      Probably a bustin' S7E one, as Echoe roms always are. I'd change to BTU i expect. I need to figure out how to get TWRP on first though, and i gather it's not as straightforward as it was on the Note4.

I appreciate your help, it's most kind.

Kyri wrote:

you made the right choice :)
      Development for the S7 is NON STOP ;)
      Thanks Kyri. Where you go, I follow :) Been that way for years and years. :highfive:
    • @leoniedelt
      Ok so you have here in the first page the direction to install first the TWRP (custom recovery)
      also there you have the latest rom (post #2)
      make some time and read carefully and all will be OK
      good luck

[UPDATE 13-12-2016] [S7 Edge] [ROM] [6.0.1] [G935F/F/D/W] [PL2] S7E Echoe Rom v25 [AROMA]

PS sorry, link for last rom and kernel :hail:

last rom same threat (post #15041)
      [UPDATE 13-12-2016] [S7 Edge] [ROM] [6.0.1] [G935F/F/D/W] [PL2] S7E Echoe Rom v25 [AROMA]
      last kernel (#15091)
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe

The post was edited 2 times, last by monkteo ().

• hi @leoniedelt, welcome to S7 family.
      Sorry for your lost, N4 is still great device. Own one, too.
      Flashing customs on S7 is... Really simple. You need:
      - PC with Odin and drivers installed,
      - twrp for your model,
      - stock newest rom from Sammy (in case anything goes wrong),
      - custom rom twrp flashable zip,
      - extsd card inside your phone (with customs on it),
      - USB cable to connect phone to PC,
      - time and patience,
      - ability to read with understanding.

If you will have them all, connect device booted in download mode (power+home+vol-) to PC, run odin, and flash twrp (put it in ap slot). You don't need to modify Odin settings. After successful flash device should reboot. Let it do that, then just turn it off normal way. Then boot into recovery (power+home+vol+). As simple (till now) as on N4. Confirm changes by swapping slide, choose wipe and IMPORTANT here: tap FORMAT DATA, confirm by typing YES, confirm. Do not worry about possible red errors. After formatting go back to main screen of twrp and choose reboot: recovery. Then go to WIPE section again, tap ADVANCED, select first 5 options and slide to confirm. Get back to main screen of twrp and now you may install Echoe of your choice. But first do 2 things more : make a backup of your sensitive data from internal memory, and read - dedicated to rom of you choice - thread here. At least few opening post. There are useful info about flashing and prerequisites. I do recommend to read whole thread ( haha), you may find that almost every possible difficult situations, eventually issues, already had been answered.

Wish you luck
      :)
    • leoniedelt wrote:

Hi fellas (and ladies)! Since my beloved Note4 went for a swim in the toilet on New years day, and was water damaged beyond repair, I ended up having to upgrade to an S7 Edge.

I managed to get root (!!) eventually but I'm on EVR firmware and there's a LOT i dont understand about flashing / how it is different to get custom firmwares on. Seems it's entirely different to the Note4?

Is there a quick thread I can read, somewhere out there in the world? I've tried reading XDA and yes I managed to understand how to get root, but so many threads there assume you know how to get even a custom recovery on - and I can't figure that out either.

I must be getting old! Thanks for any help or pity. I loved that note4!!! @Kyri helped me look after it so well!!! The S7E is a nice bit of kit but it's not quite the same.
      Hello my dear I remember you from Echoe XDA. Welcome to the best rom (and maker) ever!
      Galaxy S7 Edge G935F with Echoe Rom Nougat v10 8o 8o
      Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wifi with Stock CQB3, rooted.
    • I had @Kryi's S7E rom on my Note4 for aaaaaages. I miss my pen!!!!

This Edge is a swish beast though isnt it? Still toying with tidying up a few bits on stock before I get thoroughly bored and join the Nougat brigade. There were some memory card errors, etc. Glad I was looking for them.

UGH, EVR firmware is so bloated.

Thanks for the welcome! :beer:
    • So guys, guess what! I flashed the Nougat! Its beautiful!

I did, however, lose VoLTE because I'm now on BTU now and not EVR.

It's a CSC thing, right? And if i change it, it'll wipe the phone, right?

Is there an easy flashable change for it though? I saw a thread where there's a way someone has made of downloading the firmware and dissecting it to get the individual flashable bin files but as Nougat isnt out for EVR yet, probably not for a week or two, that won't help me?

Advice appreciated.

Eeeee! So excited, I have Nougat, and it's *so fast* oh my god and so pretty. Looks so much like the Note7 roms did on the 910F but actually *works* and doesnt lag or crash or generally suck. I miss my pen but in a way I'm so glad i accidentally drowned my 910F, because I got a 935F, and I get to do this :)
    • Mahatma wrote:

Vegoja wrote:

Being stuck with Qualcomm sucks... dash
      I'm sorry, but this rom is for Equinox only.It's written in the OP. Would be nice if you read carefully first.
      If you want to join Echoerom you have to look here.

G935/G930-EchoeRom-Universal_USA

Unfortunately there's no Android N for your device till now.
      If you have any questions, please ask in the thread there.
      Good luck
      i read the op. I'm familiar with the USA echoerom. I ran it for awhile it is in fact the only Sprint rom that properly works that is available(Thank you again for the hard work). I was simply expressing my frustration with the the lack of development for the snapdragon s7 not from the echoe team just in general. To sum it up I was just saying I hate having a locked bootloader.
    • Vegoja wrote:

i read the op. I'm familiar with the USA echoerom. I ran it for awhile it is in fact the only Sprint rom that properly works that is available(Thank you again for the hard work). I was simply expressing my frustration with the the lack of development for the snapdragon s7 not from the echoe team just in general. To sum it up I was just saying I hate having a locked bootloader.
      Sorry, for my inappropriate comment. I can imagine your frustration .