Guide to DUALBOOT for S7E & S7Flat

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Simplycity wrote:

RODRIGORODRIGUES wrote:

Hi Friends! I have a problem. I'm using Echoerom v17 and am trying to install the S8port3. Did all the steps till "when flash is finished, press back to roms menu" but when i pressed back to roms menu does not appear to S8port3. What did I do wrong?
      Thanks!
      hi. Answer is on your screen shot. Look again at file I've attached, circled what's important. :)
      Ps. Steps you should take are as follows :
      - while on primary (v17) install mbtool and make sure it is up to date
      - patch S8port rom zip file per your needs
      - reboot to recovery and flash patched zip
      Done.
      :)
      Ill try but dont found mbtool in Echoe Cloud....where can find?
      Be the difference :!:
    • RODRIGORODRIGUES wrote:

Simplycity wrote:

RODRIGORODRIGUES wrote:

Hi Friends! I have a problem. I'm using Echoerom v17 and am trying to install the S8port3. Did all the steps till "when flash is finished, press back to roms menu" but when i pressed back to roms menu does not appear to S8port3. What did I do wrong?
      Thanks!
      hi. Answer is on your screen shot. Look again at file I've attached, circled what's important. :) Ps. Steps you should take are as follows :
      - while on primary (v17) install mbtool and make sure it is up to date
      - patch S8port rom zip file per your needs
      - reboot to recovery and flash patched zip
      Done.
      :)
      Ill try but dont found mbtool in Echoe Cloud....where can find?
      nono no! Mbtool is a part of DualBoot app. Well, open dualboot app, tap on primary rom and check mbtool status. It must be up to date. If it is not, make it so. Mbtool is some kind of ramdisk patch which is required for proper boot second rom. :) if I download db app, I will make screenshots
    • RODRIGORODRIGUES wrote:

@Simplycity you are the man! Many Thanks!!! Now i heve echoeromv17 and S8port3!!!!
      I have a question, when our master @Kyri make another update, i can set where i install in dualbooth utilitis and flash in twrp?
      sure! I've never tried updating second rom that way, but I think it will work. But if you for instance choose to flash next rom in jet another data slot, you may have 3 of them same time, then decide. :)
    • when you want to update the rom , and open the patch section in dualboot you will see there your slot-rom
      ( just choose that slot and the patch will be for that slot)
      Files
      • 3.png

(144.21 kB, downloaded 10 times, last: )
      • 1.png

(54.81 kB, downloaded 8 times, last: )
      • 2.png

(126.05 kB, downloaded 9 times, last: )
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • New

Just an FYI:

A number of users on their thread have had issues with latter Duel Boot App versions per the below:

"You're right, same here, it crashes (when trying to set the kernel in 'ROMs in the roms menu), it scans for roms and crashes always...did you find any solution?..I'm on Huawei stock N

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
      My solution was to use the older version (as mentioned), which works."

If you run into issues, try older versions (9.2.0.r199 worked OK).
    • New

gaw wrote:

Just an FYI:

A number of users on their thread have had issues with latter Duel Boot App versions per the below:

"You're right, same here, it crashes (when trying to set the kernel in 'ROMs in the roms menu), it scans for roms and crashes always...did you find any solution?..I'm on Huawei stock N

Yep I notes that but if you just clear catch and you are attention on build.prop to modify (ro.product.name and ro.product.device) when you are on a port , all will be ok.
      I am on 920r223 and it's work perfect

PS I think it's OK if we can delete some old version of dualboot (r92,r102 and r106) to have some extra space
      thanks
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • New

monkteo wrote:

gaw wrote:

Just an FYI:

Yep I notes that but if you just clear catch and you are attention on build.prop to modify (ro.product.name and ro.product.device) when you are on a port , all will be ok.I am on 920r223 and it's work perfect

PS I think it's OK if we can delete some old version of dualboot (r92,r102 and r106) to have some extra space
      thanks
      Do you change the port product names back to stock or to something else?
    • New

monkteo wrote:

I changed to original name hero2lte (I have S7Edge)

and good morning Echoe
      I have done that also, but it was done to try to get S8 Port CSC's for US carriers working better - to no success.

But then - after having no issues with Duelboot and S8 Port, the app decides it doesn't like the device names of the S8 Port regardless of the version, so had to change them to hero2lte.

I think my App read this thread and decided it was not supposed to work with the S8 names....

The post was edited 1 time, last by gaw ().