Guide to DUALBOOT for S7E & S7Flat

• Simplycity wrote:

Mahatma wrote:

Huron2B wrote:

Dear @Monkteo...thanks for the guide..i now have both S7EV13 and Echosphere V1 installed...just a few questions...if you dont mind please...
      I am now on primary rom and wish to flash Sctymod....do so as normal..(via twrp)?
      Will that also affect secondary rom?
      Thanks in advance
      You have to patch it also in primary. And this doesn't affect second one.
      My experience is, that if you want to flash anything to primary rom you don't have to patch it. It's pretty nice feature, bc you have to remember about patching only if you want to install something to non primary rom. And installing anything properly patched won't affect other roms, as Mahatma said. So, if you forget about patching zip, you can be sure it will be installed to primary rom.:)
      you don't have to patch it, but if you don't and you flash it, you will wipe out you secondary if you have flashed one.

No big deal if you backup your secondary system with the app first.

Off subject, but if anyone is wondering if duelboot will be updated to handle S8's - that is the intent.
    • gaw wrote:

Simplycity wrote:

Mahatma wrote:

Huron2B wrote:

Dear @Monkteo...thanks for the guide..i now have both S7EV13 and Echosphere V1 installed...just a few questions...if you dont mind please...
      I am now on primary rom and wish to flash Sctymod....do so as normal..(via twrp)?
      Will that also affect secondary rom?
      Thanks in advance
      You have to patch it also in primary. And this doesn't affect second one.
      My experience is, that if you want to flash anything to primary rom you don't have to patch it. It's pretty nice feature, bc you have to remember about patching only if you want to install something to non primary rom. And installing anything properly patched won't affect other roms, as Mahatma said. So, if you forget about patching zip, you can be sure it will be installed to primary rom.:)
      you don't have to patch it, but if you don't and you flash it, you will wipe out you secondary if you have flashed one.
      No big deal if you backup your secondary system with the app first.

Off subject, but if anyone is wondering if duelboot will be updated to handle S8's - that is the intent.
      Like the @Simplycity written , non-patch "thing" flash it will install in the primary but will not affect the secondary with nothing
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • monkteo wrote:

Like the @Simplycity written , non-patch "thing" flash it will install in the primary but will not affect the secondary with nothing
      It is possible Duelboot made this possible since I last used it extensively on my S4 some time ago. I wiped Secondary several times then (and also multi Slot ROMs when i wiped cache).

I will flash Echoe v1x unpatched again as primary next time while I have a Secondary up, which I haven't done for years.

In any case, just trying to help.

Update. Flashed new kernel 6.4 in primary. When i switched to remix in Secondary, it was unrooted. Reflashing Magisk patched zip fixed it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by gaw ().

• Mahatma wrote:

So I learned that there's no need to patch primary. Sorry for the 'mistake' :whistling:

Nevertheless getting used to duaiboot now.

Screenshot_20170509-212523.png

Was a bit too lazy till now... but with 3 perfect EchoeRoms it's a great setup. Thank you for guidance and support @monkteo and @Simplycity :thumbsup:
      I don't believe I am asking this after using duelboot for years, but how do you get the images of each ROM on the left?
    • Mahatma wrote:

gaw wrote:

I don't believe I am asking this after using duelboot for years, but how do you get the images of each ROM on the left?
      Tap on the 3 dots ...
      20170509_235438.png

Tap again on the 3 dots

20170509_235555.png

and now you can change the images...

Screenshot_20170509-235130.png

Life can be so nice ;)
      Thanks. Now I just have to come up with some good Echoe images .

I think I ran into this a few years back - just another senior moment ' lol.
    • Hello friends... want to tell you a bit of my experiences with dualboot boot.

On the first picture you can see that I'm unable to backup a profile in Synapse (Data slot - S8port2).

The second one shows that the profile is stored successfully... surprise, surprise (Primary S7v13)

And the last picture got the mount problem again by restoring the profile (Data slot S8port2).

Not sure but I think it's dualboot boot related :hmm:

Furthermore made a backup of ES_s7remix1. Want to test something and if it will go wrong I intend to restore the backup. Now... how to do with this files???

Screenshot_20170510-115435.png

For the 'rest' everything is really good. Even battery consumption seems to be less (better) :thumbsup:

Won't miss dualboot anymore!!!
    • Morning family, needing further assistance re App sharing in Dual boot.
      while in secondary rom i installed Whatsapp and set it up...used the Dual boot app to enable app sharing.
      i then return to primary rom but Whatsapp would not install as message is that same was already done on the phone.
      Are there particular steps to follow to achieve success?
      Thanks in advance.

"Echoe to de World"
    • Huron2B wrote:

Morning family, needing further assistance re App sharing in Dual boot.
      while in secondary rom i installed Whatsapp and set it up...used the Dual boot app to enable app sharing.
      i then return to primary rom but Whatsapp would not install as message is that same was already done on the phone.
      Are there particular steps to follow to achieve success?
      Thanks in advance.

"Echoe to de World"
      So
      -Install first rom (primary), make all setting (including all app that you use and activate it)
      -install dualboot - install secondary rom (install all app but don't activate it)
      -return to primary rom and activate app sharing individually (and mark what you want to share)
      ATENTION
      not all app work (ex.waze not working)
      -reboot again to primary and open all app what you share
      -reboot to secondary and make the same thing (go to app sharing and activate app)
      -reboot and open all app that you share
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • Mahatma wrote:

Hello friends... want to tell you a bit of my experiences with dualboot boot.

On the first picture you can see that I'm unable to backup a profile in Synapse (Data slot - S8port2).

The second one shows that the profile is stored successfully... surprise, surprise (Primary S7v13)

And the last picture got the mount problem again by restoring the profile (Data slot S8port2).

Furthermore made a backup of ES_s7remix1. Want to test something and if it will go wrong I intend to restore the backup. Now... how to do with this files???

For the 'rest' everything is really good. Even battery consumption seems to be less (better) :thumbsup:

In my opinion (personal opinion) backup all roms with dualboot (rom by rom) and if something go wrong just flash back the backup of what rom you want
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • monkteo wrote:

Mahatma wrote:

Hello friends... want to tell you a bit of my experiences with dualboot boot.

In my opinion (personal opinion) backup all roms with dualboot (rom by rom) and if something go wrong just flash back the backup of what rom you want
      I agree 150%.

TWRP backups are not manageable after you have more than 2-3 Roms up - plus you can restore roms and data to different partitions (that is the other 50%)
    • I am having some issues with My Echoe v13 on primary and the S8 Port on a data partition. I am sure it is NOT the ROMs, and has to be with duelboot.

When I go back and forth between them, Synapse settings go back to default on each of them. If I simply reboot - no problem.

Also, on V13, KNOX gets uninstalled, and I have to redo it each time. It was clean installed, and ditto for the port. I was careful on the port to not have KNOX on it, as I had learned that it would no work anyway.

I know some of you have both of these up (and Echoesphere - so do I), and was wondering if anyone else has encountered any of the above and/or have any suggestions ?
    • gaw wrote:

I am having some issues with My Echoe v13 on primary and the S8 Port on a data partition. I am sure it is NOT the ROMs, and has to be with duelboot.

When I go back and forth between them, Synapse settings go back to default on each of them. If I simply reboot - no problem.

Also, on V13, KNOX gets uninstalled, and I have to redo it each time. It was clean installed, and ditto for the port. I was careful on the port to not have KNOX on it, as I had learned that it would no work anyway.

I know some of you have both of these up (and Echoesphere - so do I), and was wondering if anyone else has encountered any of the above and/or have any suggestions ?
      regarding synapse ; after switch the rom go to synapse and press X not V and all will be OK
      I don't have problem with Knox on v13 (I have 1 - N7port, 2 - v13, 3 - S8port) like you I use Knox and Secure Folder only on v13
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • monkteo wrote:

gaw wrote:

I am having some issues with My Echoe v13 on primary and the S8 Port on a data partition. I am sure it is NOT the ROMs, and has to be with duelboot.

regarding synapse ; after switch the rom go to synapse and press X not V and all will be OKI don't have problem with Knox on v13 (I have 1 - N7port, 2 - v13, 3 - S8port) like you I use Knox and Secure Folder only on v13
      In doing exactly the above with synapse , I do not see X or Y unless I pick a setting or select a profile (which I am not using).

On Knox, I can reinstall it from Galaxy apps, but on reboot - I can watch it just disappear after boot-up completes. I may have to wait until the next time I reflash v13 (my primary), or there is a new Echoe version (hint-hint, lol).

Update - on V14 and it looks like Samsung locked up KNOX. Overall, 4v ROMs including 3 Echoe community ROMs running pretty good.

The post was edited 1 time, last by gaw ().