Guide to DUALBOOT for S7E & S7Flat

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Guys, have you tryed patching Odin .tar.md5 file? If so what file exactly have you patched? I ask this, bc using SamFirmDownloader you may downloads two kind of package: with Binary Nature ticked or not. I would like to know, what to patch: .tar.md5 file downloaded with Binry Naturure UNTICKED or ticked?
    • Simplycity wrote:

Guys, have you tryed patching Odin .tar.md5 file? If so what file exactly have you patched? I ask this, bc using SamFirmDownloader you may downloads two kind of package: with Binary Nature ticked or not. I would like to know, what to patch: .tar.md5 file downloaded with Binry Naturure UNTICKED or ticked?
      As far as i remember you can only patch Zip files that are installable via recovery.

Echoe V47 N4

for latest Mods you can always have a look here S4 Mods old for V55 for V57 it's in the kitchen
      Guide to enable Toolbox Toggle
      S4 I9505 Modems and Bootloaders
    • been playing a few days with extsd. No matter whether I patch a zip or restore a backup to extsd the making of system.img fails at around 3.5gb where the app says system.img size should be 4.4gb and the app fc's (maybe its my extsd card?)

We never be able to do secondary or multislot unless we get much smaller roms due to partitions sizes

Also you can backup primary and data slot.

Restore data slot to primary and vise versa
    • Stevendeb25 wrote:

been playing a few days with extsd. No matter whether I patch a zip or restore a backup to extsd the making of system.img fails at around 3.5gb where the app says system.img size should be 4.4gb and the app fc's (maybe its my extsd card?)

We never be able to do secondary or multislot unless we get much smaller roms due to partitions sizes

Also you can backup primary and data slot.

Restore data slot to primary and vise versa
      yep in the phone you can install 3 rom fully functionally (I think this are the 3 rom that we have) but it's to the limit
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • Darkwing_x wrote:

Simplycity wrote:

Guys, have you tryed patching Odin .tar.md5 file? If so what file exactly have you patched? I ask this, bc using SamFirmDownloader you may downloads two kind of package: with Binary Nature ticked or not. I would like to know, what to patch: .tar.md5 file downloaded with Binry Naturure UNTICKED or ticked?
      As far as i remember you can only patch Zip files that are installable via recovery.
      Well, maybe last days that kind of funcionality was just added, but it seems that you can actually do that. If you click on floating "+" while in "Patch ZIP file" section, you can add Odin image there:

It is actually great news, but... I did my own tests and for now STOCK rom flashed that way gives me permanent bootloop. It bots up to welcome screen, and then bum, restart. And I can't figure out what is wrong... First of all: I do whole this on my N4. Primary rom is nevest V37, systemless root SU SR5, systemless Xposed. All is ok, even very ok, till I want to boot to secondary stock rom. But bootloops are present only on that stock rom. I did installed in third slot, as a third rom, v37 "bis", and it works very well, so I can switch to v37 "bis" and all is superb. But got problems with stock rom... Maybe that is bc old bootloader? And/or modem? I don't know, it is a guess.. I will try to update my BL and Modems, and install stock as a primary, then v37 as a secondary. But Finally I would have just oposit: v37 as a primary and stock as a secondary... So, maybe is there a person, who has custom rom for Note4 flashable zip, but with stock kernel? I mean that custom rom should have stock kernel and NOT BEEN ROOTED. Just eventually some mods, which do not require root. Anyone? And if you could share such a rom with me, well, would be great. Thanks.
      :)
    • ... Also any roms created for the ext sd card will show that the sd card is corrupted. Roms created for data slots show ext sd card fine.

"This is cause by a security feature in the TouchWiz kernel and might not be fixable."

@chenxiaolong answer for exsd problem
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • Just wondering. If I want new v24 on data slot as 2nd rom, how did this work with the aroma installer? I did try yesterday, but got a splash screen freeze. I presume you need to initially flash on twrp?
      Thanks in advance!
      Sent from my echoewarrior Samsung Galaxy S7edge :Bart:
      Peace and love from the UK.
    • largewoodenspoon wrote:

Just wondering. If I want new v24 on data slot as 2nd rom, how did this work with the aroma installer? I did try yesterday, but got a splash screen freeze. I presume you need to initially flash on twrp?
      Thanks in advance!
      well, I had no problem with v23 as a second rom, and v23 has aroma. So... All you have to do is to "Patch Zip File" while in primary rom - point to secondary rom zip file and patch it. Then reboot to recovery and flash PATCHED zip file. Should work.
    • Simplycity wrote:

largewoodenspoon wrote:

Just wondering. If I want new v24 on data slot as 2nd rom, how did this work with the aroma installer? I did try yesterday, but got a splash screen freeze. I presume you need to initially flash on twrp?
      Thanks in advance!
      well, I had no problem with v23 as a second rom, and v23 has aroma. So... All you have to do is to "Patch Zip File" while in primary rom - point to secondary rom zip file and patch it. Then reboot to recovery and flash PATCHED zip file. Should work. :)
      Thankyou, I'll give it a shot!
      Sent from my echoewarrior Samsung Galaxy S7edge :Bart:
      Peace and love from the UK.
    • Simplycity wrote:

Guys:

Ps. There is newest: 9.1.0r56, but please watch out for this, bc it has problems with root access, at least on my device. This r56 has newest mbtool, which requires root to perform mbtool update, but app can't get root... Well, I went back to r45, and for now everything is working fine.
      yep tested my self and root problem so I skip that version !
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • Stevendeb25 wrote:

how you guys getting so many roms on data slot?
      well, I am not sure what to answer...
      it may sound stupid, and I don't want to be misunderstood, but the answer is: bc we can, isn't it?
      Data slot is just data partition, which more-or-less means whole avaible internal memory, please check your sd card (inernal memory) capacity. My device has at this moment 3.2 G free of 24.6 total. But I can't push one rom more bc b6b is 5.2Gb, 23 is 4.9 Gb, and 24 is 6.5 GB.
      All you have to do is to set NEW data slot "name" while patching rom. Then go to recovery and flash that patched rom. It will install "in" data slot "name" you gave it to. Thats how it was in my case.
    • Simplycity wrote:

Stevendeb25 wrote:

how you guys getting so many roms on data slot?
      well, I am not sure what to answer...it may sound stupid, and I don't want to be misunderstood, but the answer is: bc we can, isn't it?
      Data slot is just data partition, which more-or-less means whole avaible internal memory, please check your sd card (inernal memory) capacity. My device has at this moment 3.2 G free of 24.6 total. But I can't push one rom more bc b6b is 5.2Gb, 23 is 4.9 Gb, and 24 is 6.5 GB.
      All you have to do is to set NEW data slot "name" while patching rom. Then go to recovery and flash that patched rom. It will install "in" data slot "name" you gave it to. Thats how it was in my case.

haha sure I tried in the pass but when trying it failed. And when I looked at data via root explorer it said I had zero space available. so had to remove failed rom installation

But that was when monkteo first mentioned about dualpatcher working