Guide to DUALBOOT for S7E & S7Flat

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• gaw wrote:

Simplycity wrote:

MRDOCA wrote:

quick noobie question. I stopped using dual boot a few months ago when we couldn't pass safety net. Can we pass now on both roms? If so I'll go back to this.
      I can pass SN only on first one. No matter how much I try, never found a way to pass on secondary rom.
      Pardon my ignorance, but why is SN so important if not using enterprise email, etc?
      I had it working in Echoe v11, but when I moved it with Duellboot backup/restore from primary to a data slot to install the S8 port, SN failed. However, KNOX still works.
      NOP, m@ - I've found, that when you can't pass SN, you may not be able to:
      - use Android Pay,
      - play PoGo or any other games SN sensitive,
      - use some specific apps SN sensitive.
      :)
      According to DualBoot: ANY rom flashed as SECONDARY, THIRD and so on can not pass SN bc of environment DuallBoot app has to create to make those roms to boot, so it is impossible to pass SN on that roms.
      Sad but true...
    • Simplycity wrote:

gaw wrote:

Simplycity wrote:

MRDOCA wrote:

quick noobie question. I stopped using dual boot a few months ago when we couldn't pass safety net. Can we pass now on both roms? If so I'll go back to this.
      I can pass SN only on first one. No matter how much I try, never found a way to pass on secondary rom.
      pardon my ignorance, but why is SN so important if not using enterprise email, etc?I had it working in Echoe v11, but when I moved it with Duellboot backup/restore from primary to a data slot to install the S8 port, SN failed. However, KNOX still works.
      NOP, m@ - I've found, that when you can't pass SN, you may not be able to:- use Android Pay,
      - play PoGo or any other games SN sensitive,
      - use some specific apps SN sensitive.
      According to DualBoot: ANY rom flashed as SECONDARY, THIRD and so on can not pass SN bc of environment DuallBoot app has to create to make those roms to boot, so it is impossible to pass SN on that roms.
      Sad but true...
      You now I have it before (in my case ) v11 with knox and all stuff on data-slot and Android Pay working (not valid in my country)
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • monkteo wrote:

You now I have it before (in my case ) v11 with knox and all stuff on secondary and Android Pay working (not valid in my country)
      Interesting. I would love to find a way to make SN pass on secondary rom. If you can make it clearer, please, bc there is so many of us with case as same as mine: SN doesn't pass on secondary... Was it by accident? Or any specific config? Or special root combination? Anything? I wanna try th o reproduce it. But... You that is what I think: it was possible bc of SN internal some kind of bug, or dual boot "positive bug", once ex and unique... Unfortunately...
      But when I saw your post, I hope I am wrong and you can make it again.
    • Simplycity wrote:

monkteo wrote:

You now I have it before (in my case ) v11 with knox and all stuff on secondary and Android Pay working (not valid in my country)
      Interesting. I would love to find a way to make SN pass on secondary rom. If you can make it clearer, please, bc there is so many of us with case as same as mine: SN doesn't pass on secondary... Was it by accident? Or any specific config? Or special root combination? Anything? I wanna try th o reproduce it. But... You that is what I think: it was possible bc of SN internal some kind of bug, or dual boot "positive bug", once ex and unique... Unfortunately...But when I saw your post, I hope I am wrong and you can make it again.
      I am ready to help in any way (I never use Magisk as root method always SuperSu) right now I have on data slot S8Port with Private mode working (if help with something)
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • monkteo wrote:

I am ready to help in any way (I never use Magisk as root method always SuperSu) right now I have on data slot S8Port with Private mode working (if help with something)
      OK. Great! First: you talk about private mode and AP, not about SN. From what I know there can be situation when SN fails, but AP and private mode still working. Second: I wonder if Echoe with AEL is so good that if with SU, AP and private mode can work even on secondary rom? Third: do you pass SN on secondary? Four: what additional steps have you taken when it comes to root on both slots? I understand you got SU on both, but is it clear SU, without SU-hidden or something? Other words: is it pure SU root which comes with Aroma on both slots? No rootswitch? Nothing?
    • Simplycity wrote:

monkteo wrote:

OK. Great! First: you talk about private mode and AP, not about SN. From what I know there can be situation when SN fails, but AP and private mode still working. Second: I wonder if Echoe with AEL is so good that if with SU, AP and private mode can work even on secondary rom? Third: do you pass SN on secondary? Four: what additional steps have you taken when it comes to root on both slots? I understand you got SU on both, but is it clear SU, without SU-hidden or something? Other words: is it pure SU root which comes with Aroma on both slots? No rootswitch? Nothing?
      pure and clear SU which comes with Aroma
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • Private mode should work no matter what root you may have (or no root). It doesnt depend on anything else like android pay for example that you have to hide... its a mod done in the apk's (personalpageservice.apk) smalis so that private mode will work

• gaw wrote:

so for SN to pass on patched rom, use SuperSU?
      Unfortunately, you can't pas SN on patched rom. Bc you need to hide root from SN, and that is impossible on patched rom. Please read again Kyri's post - 4 posts abowe yours. He wrote there what he's done to make private mode sensitive apps working.
      Conlusions - while on pathced roms:
      - you are not able to pass SN with any kind of root to the times,
      - but you may be able to use "private apps" (like AP, Knox) only when you choose SU root.
    • Simplycity wrote:

gaw wrote:

Unfortunately, you can't pas SN on patched rom. Bc you need to hide root from SN, and that is impossible on patched rom. Please read again Kyri's post - 4 posts abowe yours. He wrote there what he's done to make private mode sensitive apps working.Conlusions - while on pathced roms:
      - you are not able to pass SN with any kind of root to the times,
      - but you may be able to use "private apps" (like AP, Knox) only when you choose SU root.
      Just to clarify - will Knox work and stick with SuperSU root on patched ROMs?

I restored Knox on a data partition ROM, and it worked (put a pesky bank app in there and it also worked). However, on rebooting - Knox disappeared - lol.
    • gaw wrote:

Simplycity wrote:

gaw wrote:

Unfortunately, you can't pas SN on patched rom. Bc you need to hide root from SN, and that is impossible on patched rom. Please read again Kyri's post - 4 posts abowe yours. He wrote there what he's done to make private mode sensitive apps working.Conlusions - while on pathced roms:- you are not able to pass SN with any kind of root to the times,
      Just to clarify - will Knox work and stick with SuperSU root on patched ROMs?
      I restored Knox on a data partition ROM, and it worked (put a pesky bank app in there and it also worked). However, on rebooting - Knox disappeared - lol.
      Well, have the same symptoms. It looks like DualBoot environment is not designed to operate with security stuff like Knox...
      On my device Knox disappeared, too, so I just installed it again and configured once again. After next restart it was in drawer, so it survived restart, but it was clean as virgin, I mean opening it leads me to fresh start... So it looks like it wont work on DuallBoot. I checked AP and it works, even after restart.
    • Dear @Monkteo...thanks for the guide..i now have both S7EV13 and Echosphere V1 installed...just a few questions...if you dont mind please...
      I am now on primary rom and wish to flash Sctymod....do so as normal..(via twrp)?
      Will that also affect secondary rom?
      Thanks in advance
    • Huron2B wrote:

Dear @Monkteo...thanks for the guide..i now have both S7EV13 and Echosphere V1 installed...just a few questions...if you dont mind please...
      I am now on primary rom and wish to flash Sctymod....do so as normal..(via twrp)?
      Thanks in advance
      You have to patch it also in primary. And this doesn't affect second one.
    • Mahatma wrote:

Huron2B wrote:

Dear @Monkteo...thanks for the guide..i now have both S7EV13 and Echosphere V1 installed...just a few questions...if you dont mind please...
      Thanks in advance
      You have to patch it also in primary. And this doesn't affect second one.
      My experience is, that if you want to flash anything to primary rom you don't have to patch it. It's pretty nice feature, bc you have to remember about patching only if you want to install something to non primary rom. And installing anything properly patched won't affect other roms, as Mahatma said. So, if you forget about patching zip, you can be sure it will be installed to primary rom.