Guide to DUALBOOT for S7E & S7Flat

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have been having "storage creep" with the four roms when I go back and forth between them. I check to see where it comes from and catch some of it, but as much as 1 gb is lost at times. With 3 dataslot roms , there is not a lot of room to start with.

Update:

I had to redo a data slot ROM, and after clean reflashing it and reloading all the apps with Smart Switch, I ended up with 1 gb more free internal space right after, with no other changes. Now the creep starts again...?

More - just by wiping dalvic and cache on three active Rom's, free space went from 3.6 gb to 5.2.

Wish the optmizer in device management could handle it. Had to drop a patched Rom due to this.

The post was edited 3 times, last by gaw ().

• Mahatma wrote:

Hello friends

We got an update which is REALLY ;) working perfect for the S8

dropbox.com/s/2pt6hvxtdn1ufor/…017-08-27_130636.mp4?dl=0

You can download it here

dbp.noobdev.io/downloads/index.html#builds

or in the Echoe Cloud :D
      Good luck !
      Thanks - will give it a try.

I was on the one just before this, and it FC'd all the time. Will post results.

Update:

Good news, it doesn't FC, and it patched a kernel.

Bad news (for me so far), is it flashed the patched kernel, but did not install Magisk beta 13.6. This is on a S8 Port, but had same result with magisk on Echo kernel with the Beta - it didn't stick. Again, had to manually reinstall Magisk 13.3.

So Duelboot seems to have issues with the Beta. I have tried on a S7e build prop name and an S8 Build prop name - and same results with the Magisk Beta (everything else is OK).

The post was edited 1 time, last by gaw ().

• Mahatma wrote:

monkteo wrote:

this mean also for s7e will be ok , so I will update my app from r223 to r347
      THX
      Don't know if it's safe to update as I sold my S7edge 10 days ago :hmm:
      OK no problem, I will try (what I have to lose, a new fresh install)
      be back

PS working perfect ! r361
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe

The post was edited 2 times, last by monkteo ().

• One thing i keep on running into with duelboot. I am messing around with Echoe on primary partition, and when i ran into issues and wanted to boot up a dataslot ROM, it would not boot. It should have no impact on any other partition, and have never figured it out.

Any ides ?
    • gaw wrote:

One thing i keep on running into with duelboot. I am messing around with Echoe on primary partition, and when i ran into issues and wanted to boot up a dataslot ROM, it would not boot. It should have no impact on any other partition, and have never figured it out.

Any ides ?
      Some aroma installer of other roms are unusable for secondary- or dataslot. Maybe you should try echoe as dataslot.
    • gaw wrote:

One thing i keep on running into with duelboot. I am messing around with Echoe on primary partition, and when i ran into issues and wanted to boot up a dataslot ROM, it would not boot. It should have no impact on any other partition, and have never figured it out.

Any ides ?
      Hmmmmmmm, never have this but I will play some update to primary (v19) and try to boot to a data slot , OK ?
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • Mahatma wrote:

gaw wrote:

Any ides ?
      Some aroma installer of other roms are unusable for secondary- or dataslot. Maybe you should try echoe as dataslot.
      yep it's possible but always i keep an Echoe as primary (the most stable rom ever)
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S7 Edge Power by Echoe
    • monkteo wrote:

Mahatma wrote:

gaw wrote:

Any ides ?
      yep it's possible but always i keep an Echoe as primary (the most stable rom ever)
      I agree. Had it as data slot but prefer it as primary. But still surprised issues on it can occasionally impact data slot roms
    • Hello everyone, i installed the latest dualpatcher, i opened the app and i set kernel for primary rom, update ramdisk too, i patched echoe rom v8 in dual and when i go in twrp and try to install it, i have a error, i did something wrong ?
      I show you the fail in a picture. :)

Edit: I will try echoe as data slot, i forget it Mahatma , you write it on your post sorry
      Files
    • Kostas92 wrote:

Hello everyone, i installed the latest dualpatcher, i opened the app and i set kernel for primary rom, update ramdisk too, i patched echoe rom v8 in dual and when i go in twrp and try to install it, i have a error, i did something wrong ?

Edit: I will try echoe as data slot, i forget it Mahatma , you write it on your post sorry
      You can just flash the unpatched kernel without patching - it will go to the primary. Then set it as kernel after you boot it up.
    • Kostas92 wrote:

Hello everyone, i installed the latest dualpatcher, i opened the app and i set kernel for primary rom, update ramdisk too, i patched echoe rom v8 in dual and when i go in twrp and try to install it, i have a error, i did something wrong ?

If you have enough space in system left it might work with a dualslot.
      Yesterday I patched echoe on extslot and flashed it successfully, but after booting got 2 vibrations and was back in TWRP. Trial and error ;)
      No problem so far... primary- and dataslot roms running flawlessly :D
    • Mahatma wrote:

Kostas92 wrote:

If you have enough space in system left it might work with a dualslot.Yesterday I patched echoe on extslot and flashed it successfully, but after booting got 2 vibrations and was back in TWRP. Trial and error ;)
      No problem so far... primary- and dataslot roms running flawlessly :D
      Ok i follow your instructions, i installed echoe rom v8 in data slot and here we go!!! :D :D
      With dual i tried and it fail so i think for now the best choice is data slot.
      So if i understand, if i want to flash something with twrp for the second rom, i need always to patch the zip that i want to install as a data slot for the second rom before flash in twrp right ?
      Files