Guide to DUALBOOT for S7E & S7Flat and S8, S8+

    • monkteo wrote:

      Mahatma wrote:

      Maybe it's a misunderstanding, my friend. Making backups is no problem. I don't know how to restore them :hmm:
      yes this is the way to restore (you want to restore a backup, right ?)
      That's it. Great!! Thank you :thumbsup:
      One more question: will this restore the backup immediately afterwards or am I able to choose it later?
    • Mahatma wrote:

      monkteo wrote:

      Mahatma wrote:

      Maybe it's a misunderstanding, my friend. Making backups is no problem. I don't know how to restore them :hmm:
      yes this is the way to restore (you want to restore a backup, right ?)
      That's it. Great!! Thank you :thumbsup: One more question: will this restore the backup immediately afterwards or am I able to choose it later?
      Mornings, you can choose when ever you want.
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S8+ Power by Echoe
    • Had a funny glitch - flashing an unpatched Magisk module blew-up bother the primary ROM I was trying to restore it to (the 14.1 update worked at first but disappeared on reboot) and also my S8 post at the same time. The unpatched Magisk file was in my s8 fexternal SD folder as well as my s8 port patched version.

      If i had accidentally flashed that one, it should have simply flashed that to the Data slot S8 ROM, and the unpatched one should have done the same on the Primary ROM (Echoe). In either case, nothing bad should have happened - but it did.

      Every once in a while I get a duelboot explosion, and it always leaves me scratching my head - lol.

      Dirty flashed both ROMs again and all is well.
    • gaw wrote:

      Had a funny glitch - flashing an unpatched Magisk module blew-up bother the primary ROM I was trying to restore it to (the 14.1 update worked at first but disappeared on reboot) and also my S8 post at the same time. The unpatched Magisk file was in my s8 fexternal SD folder as well as my s8 port patched version.

      If i had accidentally flashed that one, it should have simply flashed that to the Data slot S8 ROM, and the unpatched one should have done the same on the Primary ROM (Echoe). In either case, nothing bad should have happened - but it did.

      Every once in a while I get a duelboot explosion, and it always leaves me scratching my head - lol.

      Dirty flashed both ROMs again and all is well.
      Man , the phone and the rom's are day by day smarter and hard to use it !

      At some point I have a problem too ; I could install in dualboot only with extra kernel.
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S8+ Power by Echoe
    • monkteo wrote:

      gaw wrote:

      I tried patching and flashing the new N7 FE, but while it patched it would not flash - it didn't like the device name.
      Man look to the latest build (there was some problems)
      dbp.noobdev.io/downloads/
      I used the latest. Just to try to determine where the problem was, I patched the N7 FE on XDA, and it patched, flashed, and booted OK.

      I was doing this to just mess around - I am saving space for an eventual S7 N8 port. Then i will have s7 Echoe, S8 Port, N8 port, and also the Echoesphere Remix.
    • Hi there, any one who use dualboot manage to activate and use Boot UI ?
      I try and no results.

      For who does not know what is Boot UI ;

      "It is a screen that opens after splash page and before phone enters bootanimation (i.e. launching kernel) of a ROM. That screen has options for you to choose to which ROM to boot. This way you can choose to which ROM you want to boot without using dualboot patcher app or dualboot utilities zip to switch from one slot to another. That screen lasts for about 5 seconds. Upon not making any choice, phone will boot to preselected slot."
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S8+ Power by Echoe
    • gaw wrote:

      Mahatma wrote:

      monkteo wrote:

      Hi there, any one who use dualboot manage to activate and use Boot UI



      For me it's working fine. Maybe you should try another DBP version.

      Which duelboot version are you using ? I get an extended black screen between the splash acreen and boot animation, but no screen with the ROM choices.
      Have a look at the screenshots ;)
      Don't forget that I'm on the S8. Think it should also work for the S7. Good luck.
      Files
    • Mahatma wrote:

      gaw wrote:

      Mahatma wrote:

      monkteo wrote:

      Hi there, any one who use dualboot manage to activate and use Boot UI



      For me it's working fine. Maybe you should try another DBP version.

      Which duelboot version are you using ? I get an extended black screen between the splash acreen and boot animation, but no screen with the ROM choices.
      Have a look at the screenshots ;) Don't forget that I'm on the S8. Think it should also work for the S7. Good luck.
      OK, let's try
      THX
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S8+ Power by Echoe
    • Mahatma wrote:

      gaw wrote:

      Mahatma wrote:

      monkteo wrote:

      Hi there, any one who use dualboot manage to activate and use Boot UI



      For me it's working fine. Maybe you should try another DBP version.

      Which duelboot version are you using ? I get an extended black screen between the splash acreen and boot animation, but no screen with the ROM choices.
      Have a look at the screenshots ;) Don't forget that I'm on the S8. Think it should also work for the S7. Good luck.
      Funny - not working for many on the XDA thread either. I had been using 9.3.0.r70. Will try 77.

      Update - still get the 5 second black screen - no system choice screen. Boots OK after.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by gaw ().

    • OK , just discovered that :
      With the last dualboot app (it's in the cloud 930r177) you can backup an secondary rom and restored as primary .
      I will tested personaly today but in the min time if someone want to play.......
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S8+ Power by Echoe
    • OK guys we are back in business Tks to Master Cook @Kyri the one and only one

      So I tested and work perfect this;
      -install v12 (I keep this rom primary because for my it' important)
      -install dualboot (last one, it's in cloud 930r461)
      -open DBA and set kernel+update ramdisk
      -patch rom (in my case oreo official 1B + kernel v4.1 + superSU {from oreo 1B threat])
      (in my case after flash rom-kernel I don't have root so I go back to recovery and flash superSU and voila, got root)
      flash rom, make setting and enjoy
      don't forget to install DBA open and set kernel, no need to update ramdisk

      next I will test shareapp in DBA
      Echoe Rom User FOREVER
      S8+ Power by Echoe
    • monkteo wrote:

      OK guys we are back in business Tks to Master Cook @Kyri the one and only one

      So I tested and work perfect this;
      -install v12 (I keep this rom primary because for my it' important)
      -install dualboot (last one, it's in cloud 930r461)
      -open DBA and set kernel+update ramdisk
      -patch rom (in my case oreo official 1B + kernel v4.1 + superSU {from oreo 1B threat])
      (in my case after flash rom-kernel I don't have root so I go back to recovery and flash superSU and voila, got root)
      flash rom, make setting and enjoy
      don't forget to install DBA open and set kernel, no need to update ramdisk

      next I will test shareapp in DBA
      Just an FYI with respect to Oreo and Duelboot on a S7e:

      I patched the ROM based on the leaked S7e Oreo. I patched it with the above Duelboot app, flashed it OK, and was able to go back and forth betweek previously installed ROMs like Echoe of course. For some reason patcheing and flashing an 13.x version of Magisk blew it up, but when i flased it with a much older Duelboot app, it worked fine and am rooted.

      Be careful however - on first try I used a different ROM based on the leak as unpatched Primary, and while it worked , it messed up my internal big time and had to reformat it.

      After that, restored Echoe and other ROM (S8 Port), and all running pretty good now, except that the leak is very buggy and I think Duelboot adds some issues.

      Update - the combination of the leaked ROM and Duelboot results in problems all over. Everything seems O, but then when switching to anor ROM (even 7.0 ROMs), they often fail to boot up, and the recoveries were anything but simple. I finally had to delete the Patched Oreo setup and reformat data. But even after doing that and restoring my Patched and primary ROM backups, still issues.

      I may have to ODIN OEM 7.0 to really clean things up.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by gaw ().

    • Gotten pretty quiet here.

      Anyway, have duelboot with Echoe 935f ROM and S8 port working in data slots with a leaked based Oreo ROM as primary working pretty good. Didn't have to ODIN back to stock.

      Not that impressed with basically stock Orea though - not much of an update compared to when 6.0 was upgraded to 7.0. Was hoping that they might have at least improved the Settings - the 7.0 UI was terrible in locating many functions compared to how intuitive it was on earlier versions.

      That is why am hoping for a an Echoe custom ROM when official Oreo comes out (along with AEL kernel).