Tasker

• i have a profile (combined with secure settings) that turns on flightmode when it's later than 22:30 i'm not connected to a wifi and the screen went off. and another that turns off flight mode an 5:00 in the morning.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Echoe V49 N4

for latest Mods you can always have a look here S4 Mods old for V55 for V57 it's in the kitchen
      Guide to enable Toolbox Toggle
      S4 I9505 Modems and Bootloaders
    • I am sorry to bump such and old thread, I hope nobody minds. I've been contemplating starting a "tasker sharing" thread here for some time, and then I stumbled upon this thread. (Better to bump the old one than create a duplicate, yeah?) I am a huge tasker fanboy and have written hundreds of tasks, many of which I wouldn't mind sharing with you all. I’ll come back and edit this post with a few. They range from simple profiles to very complex projects and apps.

I'd love to see what others have created too!

AutoNandroid
      Here's a simple but useful one before I nod off to sleep. Every night at 3am it automatically reboots to recovery and creates a nandroid, then reboots to ROM (in time for my alarm to wake me up)....so I always have a fresh nandroid from "yesterday" and it happens while I'm sleeping. I have a 256gb card so I keep 6 backups. This profile will delete the oldest backups before creating a new one. You could easily change the frequency or the number of backups to retain, etc...

dropbox.com/s/08nurse1alpsf91/Auto_Nandroid.prf.xml?dl=0

Vol+ Torch Mod
      Here's a simple mod for Vol Up Torch...it requires Auto input plugin. Longpress Vol+ when the screen is off to toggle torch on/off.

dropbox.com/s/j8kbl9rrkeisety/Torch.prj.xml?dl=0

Longpress Shutdown Mod
      And here's one I shared somewhere in the s8 thread that replicates longpress clock to bring up shutdown menu. It's actually an invisible overlay (100 pixels wide x 75 pixels high), just under the statusbar on the far right side (so not exactly the clock). You can also swipe it to the right to turn the display off.

dropbox.com/s/265hljyi2tjud3j/…s_Power_Menu.prj.xml?dl=0

AirWake Mod
      Another really simple one. Air Wake

dropbox.com/s/1h2nthcmkdn23gl/Air_Wake.prf.xml?dl=0

The post was edited 7 times, last by RuggedHunter ().

• When I turn my car on and the bluetooth connects to my device, it triggers a "car mode" profile that switches a bunch of settings like wifi, adjusts screen brightness according to the time of day, reads incoming text messages out loud, and enables a slew of custom voice commands, and a bunch of other stuff. It also launches the "dashcam" project below.

DashCam
      This makes use of third party app BVR Pro (Background Video Recorder) to be able to record video without a viewfinder (so you can use navigation, etc) and without requesting the mic (so you can use voice commands, phone, etc). Similar to the auto nandroid task above, this one deletes the oldest video and keeps the newest 10, then starts recording. It also records exact time, gps coordinates, and speed...

When I turn my truck off and the phone disconnects from bluetooth it triggers Exit Car mode, which includes the tasks that saves the log file and stores each "trip" (folder of video and log) in a datetime stamped folder on extsd.

Pretty neat, I think. I've caught some cool wildlife, some crazy drivers and accidents, and hopefully it will provide evidence of fault if I'm ever in an accident.

dropbox.com/s/by7okiovkrg2lmh/Dashcam_Off.prj.xml?dl=0

The post was edited 2 times, last by RuggedHunter ().

• Pistolero wrote:

Hi @RuggedHunter,

Your Tasker projects look amazing! I'd love to try them, but Mega asks for the decryption key to your folder, and I'm so dense that I cannot find it anywhere...

Thanx a bunch!
      Crap.... really? I'll switch them to Dropbox when I get home from work. Sorry!

Edit: There ya go @Pistolero!

The post was edited 2 times, last by RuggedHunter ().

• This was a fun one to figure out. It works much differently than AirWake. Requires Secure Settings plugin...and make sure the scene "Blocking" gets imported with the profile.

Air AOD will turn on your AOD when you wave your hand over the proximity sensor while screen is off. A few seconds later it will turn it back off. Kinda like the original s4 air wake.

Air AOD
      dropbox.com/s/vursfo7jf6z4g24/Air_AOD.prf.xml?dl=0

Blocking Scene
      dropbox.com/s/io6dms58yn5fonu/Blocking.scn.xml?dl=0

Also, I discovered a secret keyevent (1015) that actually wakes and unlocks the device, allowing the full display, black blocking scene to display. I use swipe unlock and have longpress home unlock enabled. I didn't test other security setups.

The blocking scene is important because the display must be toggled on/off after the AOD setting is toggled on. The blocking scene avoids the display actually flashing on for a fraction of a second.

If keyevent 1015 doesn't unlock your PIN/FPR lockscreen, YMMV.

Edit: So, after thorough testing with PIN and fingerprint security, this still works great. Turns out keyevent 1015 emulates longpress home (which is why it unlocks my device) but only brings up the keypad to enter PIN, if other security is used. Also turns out that tasker scenes can be displayed over the keypad.... so with this profile, it still looks smooth and your display should not flash on.

Edit 2: If you don't have, or prefer not to use, Secure Settings then you can substitute those actions with a Run Shell command with root:

settings put system aod_mode 1

Set it to 0 to turn AOD off.

The post was edited 7 times, last by RuggedHunter ().

• Proximity AOD Off
      This is basically the inverse of Air AOD. When you cover the proximity sensor (put your phone in your pocket, etc) AOD will turn off.... saving a little power. It will turn back on automatically when proximity sensor is uncovered.

dropbox.com/s/3s3ost1y5zd9clz/Proximity_AOD_Off.prf.xml?dl=0

I like this way better....it should be native behavior... who needs AOD on when your screen is covered?

The post was edited 1 time, last by RuggedHunter ().

• RuggedHunter wrote:

Proximity AOD Off
      This is basically the inverse of Air AOD. When you cover the proximity sensor (put your phone in your pocket, etc) AOD will turn off.... saving a little power. It will turn back on automatically when proximity sensor is uncovered.

dropbox.com/s/3s3ost1y5zd9clz/Proximity_AOD_Off.prf.xml?dl=0

I like this way better....it should be native behavior... who needs AOD on when your screen is covered?
      Hi @RuggedHunter,

Loving your profiles!

Can you please up the scene files as well? They don't seem to be created by the XML files import.

Thank you, sir!
    • Sorry....I thought scenes would export with the profile since the linked task calls for it, but I guess I should've put it in a project first.

Here ya go:

Glad you like them @Pistolero! I have many many more.... need anything in particular, or help with one of your own projects? I'm always willing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by RuggedHunter ().

• RuggedHunter wrote:

Sorry....I thought scenes would export with the profile since the linked tasker calls for it, but I guess I should've put it in a project first.

Here ya go:

Glad you like them @Pistolero! I have many many more.... need anything in particular, or help with one of your own projects? I'm always willing.
      Awesome, bro! Thanks! I do have some projects that are giving me a hard time. Lemme play with them and export the ones that need tweaking. Thank you again!